Image via Scout.com
– Dominick Wood-Anderson: I recently said Texas would probably only end up with 1 TE in the 2018 class as Malcom Epps is looking likely to commit to Texas this summer. And elite TE Mustapha Muhammad is trending away from Texas. But what was likely the biggest news to some at Texas, was that the #1 JUCO TE in Dominick Wood-Anderson officially visited Texas over the weekend.
Anderson is at a JUCO in Arizona and has been talking to Texas QB commit Cam Rising a lot, and Rising stayed in Austin the whole weekend and spent a lot of time with Anderson. Right now the Top 3 for Anderson is Oregon, Texas, and Alabama. I think it will likely come down to a battle between Texas and Oregon. As Alabama is likely the favorite for recent Arkansas TE decommit Luke Ford.
Anderson announced yesterday that he plans to make his commitment on August 1st. Let’s see if he takes anymore visits before the commitment.
I Will Be Making My Decision And Publicly Committing August 1st ‼️ That Way I Can Focus More On Academics And My Last JC Football Season 📚🏈
— MR. 3000 🏁 (@TheRealYungDom) June 19, 2017
Oregon has been the perceived leader for awhile but I heard some very encouraging things in regards to Anderson after his visit to Texas. We will see how the dust settles after the excitement of his visit wears off.
– Team Note | Brandon Hodges: Like we first reported yesterday, OT Brandon Hodges is done at Texas.
— Brandon Hodges (@BHoD_31) June 20, 2017
– Rondale Moore: As we reported yesterday, Trinity (KY) WR Rondale Moore visited Texas over the weekend and things went great. I talked to someone close to him and said he only visited with his uncle, and that was the big reason he didn’t commit over the weekend because he wants to talk things over with his family some more.
Some on the board mentioned others saying Louisville is the main competition here, but that is false. I originally thought they were the team to beat when Texas first offered but that isn’t the case. I was told Ohio State and Purdue are the other two schools that have Moore’s attention. And those are the two schools he may take visits to this summer.
The person I talked to didn’t rule out an early decison coming from Moore at all, but said if he gets the oppurtunity to commit at the Army All-American Game, he may not pass that up. Texas has put themselves in the pole position for Moore. – (Andrew)
– Slot WR’s: I’m not sure slot WR’s have ever been talked about this much in terms of a Texas recruiting class until this year. The big 3 are Jaylen Waddle, Rondale Moore, and Texas commit Justin Watkins. That’s the order I’d rank them in, but they are all Top 100 national talents in my mind.
One thing we know is that people around Waddle were not happy that Texas took a commitment from a slot WR from Florida in Watkins, and still aren’t happy. I don’t think Waddle ends up in this class if Watkins is on board. But I don’t necessarily feel the same way about Rondale Moore. I believe Texas can land Moore in the near future with Watkins in the class. I think the bigger question is can Texas keep Watkins in the class if Moore commits?
We will see how it all shakes out but if Texas can land 2 of the 3 guys, that would be a grand slam haul. – (Andrew)
– Branson Bragg: Texas extended a new offer last night to Crandall (TX) 2019 C Branson Bragg.
— Branson Bragg 💪🏼 (@branson_bragg) June 19, 2017
Bragg told me Texas is a dream school of his and that they were a school he’s rooted for since he was little and loves what they have to offer athletically and academically. He camped at Texas a week or two ago and told me he plans to visit Texas again with his mom on July 21st.
It’s early but Bragg is ranked as they #1 center in the nation and I like where Texas stands here. – (Andrew)