– Recent Commitments: Texas has has put together a huge recruiting run over the last week which included the commitment of Ritenour (MO) ILB Ayodele Adeoye in a video conceptualized and produced by TFB.
— Ayodele Adeoye ™ (@DeleAdeoye20) June 5, 2017
And Angleton (TX) 5-star S BJ Foster.
— Thebjfoster (@nofear_2) June 5, 2017
The recent run of commitments have Texas sitting at 12 commits in the 2018 class. I think the most surprising thing so far isn’t as much of who Tom Herman and Texas have been able to land, but how early they’ve been able to land those guys. – (Andrew)
– D’Shawn Jamison: One of the top CB targets on Texas’ board in Hou. Lamar (TX) CB D’Shawn Jamison has cut his list to 5.
Top 5 AGTG🙏🏾💯🏈‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️ pic.twitter.com/M57bUHVHGJ
— Dshawn Jamison⁵ (@D_JAMISON5) June 5, 2017
We’ve reported that Texas and TCU have been the two schools on top for Jamison for awhile now, and both of those schools made the cut. But what surprised me was that Texas A&M didn’t make the cut, as the Aggies recently offered him and he seemed to be giving them a look.
He has maintained that he would like to make a decision before his SR season, and I continue to really like where Texas stands with him. – (Andrew)
– Malcolm Epps: Dekaney (TX) TE Malcolm Epps will visit Texas today for their 3rd mini-camp of the summer. Epps sent out an interesting tweet last night that was quickly deleted that hinted at a possible commitment to Texas. I did some digging and while it isn’t set for Epps to make a commitment tomorrow, if the staff blows him and his family away today I wouldn’t rule it out at all.
Either way as of today, I like the chances of Epps ending up at Texas on NSD. – (Andrew)
– More on Epps: I exchanged texts with a source close to Epps and asked if there were any plans to commit today. The source said, “maybe” and left it at that. As Andrew mentioned, I would not rule it out. – (Super K)
– Noah Cain: IMG Academy (FL) 2019 RB Noah Cain was at Texas over the weekend as he visited for their 2nd summer mini-camp. It was Cain’s second visit to Texas since Tom Herman took over, and RB coach Stan Drayton has Texas in a good spot here.
Cain is originally from Louisiana, so LSU will be in it until the end. He then played two years at Denton Guyer before heading to IMG. Before Drayton arrived in Austin with Tom Herman, Cain looked all-LSU to me, but Drayton has done a great job here. Drayton has used his recent success with guys like Ezekial Elliott to sell Cain on being the next great RB. – (Andrew)
– UPDATE (12:45 PM): A new Texas offer goes out to Collinsville (OK) TE Grayson Boomer.
— Grayson Boomer (@BoomerGrayson) June 6, 2017