– Comments: Just a note regarding Disqus. We are working on the issue. The loading issue is something a little more involved than we originally thought. We are bringing someone on to address the issue. Thank you for your patience!
– Joseph Ossai: Star 2018 DE, Joseph Ossai (Conroe, TX) recently made a return trip to Texas. I have not had a chance to speak to Ossai about the trip but I did reach out to someone close to Ossai and very simply put this is where things stand…
“Right now it’s pretty even with A&M slightly ahead”. Ossai was a heavy TAMU lean not too long ago so Texas has definitely made progress here. If the Aggies lose Ossai to Herman, it’s going to hurt.
In terms of a timeline I asked our source if Ossai may make a decision this summer and I was told, “I don’t think so. He’ll probably do the national signing day thing unless someone just blows him away”.
So, at least as of now, it sounds like Ossai is going to take some time. I suspect he wants to see how both Texas and TAMU perform this season. – (Super K)
– Some “Hooks” Coming: I’ve been told that a couple top Texas targets are rapidly approaching a decision date. There are certainly some other names to watch for a possible commitment this summer but the two guys I’m told to keep an eye for something later this month or into July are 2018 WR, A’lVonta Woodard (Houston, TX) and 2018 TE, Malcolm Epps (Houston, TX).
And Woodard stole our note by setting his commitment date last night ;).
— A.Woodard⁴ (@Vonte_4) June 16, 2017
– Big Weekend for Texas: As you know by now there will be a number of big names on campus this weekend including guys like Brennan Eagles, Jaylen Waddle, Cameron Rising and others. Earlier this week we reported that 2018 WR, Rondale Moore (Lousivlle, KY) is expected to be in Texas this weekend. And yesterday he tweeted out the following…
On my way to Austin 🤘🏽 #HookEm
— Rondale Moore (@Rondale_Moore03) June 15, 2017
As many of you know, Texas is in a great spot for a number of their top targets but they’d like to have some of those guys pull the trigger sooner rather than later so that they can keep the recruiting momentum going. A source on the Texas side tells me that this will be a topic of discussion with some of the top targets. Essentially they want to impress on the players that they want guys to invest in Texas, take the spots available and then help them build a team of guys that can win a championship together. – (Super K)
– UPDATE (Fri. 9:48 PM): Alief Taylor (TX) 5-star WR Brennan Eagles has set his commitment date for July 17th. With this one, and Al’Vonte Woodard’s commitment coming on July 15th, it could be a huge week for WR coach Drew Mehringer.
– UPDATE (Sat 12 PM): Some big news for Texas today is that the #1 JUCO TE Dominick Wood-Anderson from AZ is on a official visit to Texas. Oregon and Alabama are considered the Top 2, but Texas has a shot. A big reason is QB commit Cam Rising has been recruiting him hard.
— KONG 🦍 (@crising7) June 17, 2017
Some other news is that I was told CB Jalen Green won’t visit either Texas or Texas A&M this weekend due to a state qualifier 7on7 tourney with his HS team.
– UPDATE (Sat. 1 PM): It looks like CB Jalen Green is in Austin after all. Great news for Texas.
— Jalen Green (@jaygreen__) June 17, 2017
– UPDATE (5 PM): An offer has been extended at Texas’ recruiting event to Samuel Clemens (TX) WR Tommy Bush. While some might think that means Texas isn’t in a great spot with WR’s Brennan Eagles and Al’Vonte Woodard, who are committing next month. I don’t agree, as Bush is worthy of an offer outright. Though I think schools like Baylor and OU are ahead for him right now, but it does sound like he really enjoyed his visit today. But when a school offers you late that sometimes has an affect on a recruit.
Another big note is that LSU OT commit Cameron Wire is on campus today. He arrived a little bit later but was getting a tour of the facilities with OL coach Derek Warehime last time I checked.
The biggest recruit who didn’t make it in that I expected to was Episcopal (TX) WR Jaylen Waddle.