– Ayodele Adeoye: As we first reported, Ritenour (MO) ILB Ayodele Adeoye will visit Texas this weekend. He is at the top of Texas’ board at the position and this will be his first trip to Austin. Adeoye holds offers from schools like LSU, Oklahoma, Florida, Texas A&M, and others but Texas has an ace up their sleeve. As Texas DC Todd Orlando actually coached Ayodele’s older brother at Utah State. So there is a family relationship there.
This is one to keep an eye on if things go well. – (Andrew)
– Casey Thompson: I reported recently that the two main schools recruiting Texas QB commit Casey Thompson were Oregon and Oklahoma. The Ducks have actually been recruiting him harder, but with his dad and brother having played at OU has always scared some people.
Well it looks like Texas got a big boost in terms of keeping Thompson in the fold as Waco Midway (TX) QB Tanner Mordecai committed to Oklahoma yesterday.
— Tanner Mordecai (@t_mordecai) June 1, 2017
Another note on Thompson is that he recently transferred schools for his senior year as he’s gone from Southmoore HS to Newcastle HS as his OC got a promotion and he went with him.
– Jordan Whittington: Texas hosted a visitor yesterday in Cuero (TX) ’19 ATH Jordan Whittington. This was his second visit in a week as he was also at Texas’ first mini camp last Sunday.
Texas recently offered Whittington, but unlike most schools they like him primarily at DB while others like him at WR. The Texas staff has told him they’d want him on offense some as well.
– Texas Mini-Camp #2: Texas will hold their second mini-camp of the weekend on Sunday. 2019 QB’s Roschon Johnson and Grant Tisdale are some of the bigger names. As well as 2019 C Brandon Bragg as someone to keep an eye on. Also OT commit Reese Moore will also be there to spend some time with the coaching staff.
– Erick Fowler: UT announced LB Erick Fowler has been officially granted his transfer from Texas.
– UPDATE (Sat 11 pm): In a busy day in Austin for the mini camp and hosting recruits, Texas DE commit Ron Tatum visited Oklahoma. Tatum lives less than half an hour from Norman and the Sooners are a real threat in this one.