Tom Herman Monday Press Conference Highlights:
– As we reported earlier, Sam Ehlinger and Zach Shackelford are in concussion protocol and Reggie Hemphill is out with a knee sprain.
– Herman told us, “Shane is as good as probably he’s going to be all season.” Will be wearing an ankle brace, but has zip back on his throws.
– Says with Shane, the throwing game opens up more, “I think the throw game can open up, but there hasn’t been a successful run or throw game without blocking.”
– Jerrod Heard is taking snaps at QB
– Breckyn Hager has not permanently been moved to DE. MLB was a mistake in the first place in my opinion.
– The team is reportedly still in high spirits, “Our guys really do realize that it’s much better to be close than it is far away.” Texas hasn’t lost a game this year by more than 10 points.
– Tom Herman noted that the reason Armanti Foreman isn’t playing is, “He had a rough couple of weeks of practice,” and Jerrod Heard and Reggie Hemphill have earned their time.
– Armanti and Collin Johnson going down the depth chart is on Tom Herman, “always on me.”
– Tom Herman was disappointed in student turn out. However, I don’t think student turn out is due to bad play, but more due to bad system. There have been plenty of complaints about the process students have to go through to go to the games.
– Tom Herman shaved.
Here is the latest depth chart. Not many changes.
— Will Baizer (@WillBaizer) October 23, 2017