– Dominick Wood-Anderson: As many of you know by now, Texas JUCO TE commit, Dominick Wood-Anderson picked up an offer from Oklahoma. I have not been able to connect with Wood-Anderson just yet and a source on the staff tells me they are unaware whether Wood-Anderson will take an official visit to OU.
But a second source conjectured that Wood-Anderson would likely take the visit. I also spoke with a source on the Alabama side and I can tell you they are confident that they’ll be able to flip Wood-Anderson.
Wood-Anderson is extremely talented TE who will likely be an instant impact guy wherever he goes. It’s no surprise that some of the top programs are aggressively pursuing him. Prepare for a bit of a roller coaster here. – (Super K)
– Bobby Tre Brown: Texas defensive line target Bobby Brown (Arlington, TX) doesn’t say much but in past conversations with him it became apparent to me that the schools in the best position for him are Alabama, Texas, Texas A&M and OU. At the time he gave no particular order but it’s begun to become obvious that there is an order.
Brown is expected to announce his decision on November 2nd and he has told us that he has made his decision. It’s looking exceedingly unlikely that Brown will take a visit to Texas. He has a trip to Alabama scheduled on the 21st and a trip to Florida State scheduled this weekend. So, before his announcement the only other chance he’d have to see Texas in person as a host would be at next week’s rivalry game.
As such, it does appear that Texas is going to be on the outside looking in here. – (Super K)
– Ronnie Perkins Setting Up Another Visit: A defensive lineman Texas does have reason to feel good about is recent visitor, Ronnie Perkins.
Perkins has only visited Texas and Missouri this season and Missouri got blown out at the game he attended. Oklahoma is the biggest threat to Texas here. Perkins set up his Oklahoma visit for October 28th but interestingly Perkins almost immediately set an up a return visit to Texas for a unofficial visit.
If the decision was being made today, we believe the choice would be Texas but it’ll be much clearer after the OU visit. – (Andrew)
– Quarterback Starter: Per a source, Sam Ehlinger will get the start tomorrow.
– Weekend Visitors: Texas will host two official visitors this weekend in DE Joseph Ossai and QB Tanner McKee.
Commits like Byron Hobbs, Rafiti Ghirmai, Reese Moore, Malcolm Epps and likely Caden Sterns will be on campus this weekend. – (Andrew)