– Checked with my source close to Joseph Ossai. He was hoping to make it to Texas this past weekend however I’m told his parents wanted him to spend time with the family. So, he won’t be there for the game.
– Texas hosted 2018 Louisville DE commit, Jarrett Jackson (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) this weekend for a official visit and Jackson confirmed that he did receive an offer from Texas.
– Badara Traore: Spoke with a source regarding Texas JUCO OT target, Badara Traore. Traore has already taken a official visit to Texas. He took his official visit to LSU this weekend.
Was told very simply, “he’s down to Texas and LSU but he is still deciding between the two”. – (Super K)
– In-Home Visits: For the next three weeks Texas will be doing in-home visit after in-home visit. Next years success will be, in part, determined by how they close out this class.
*In my opinion, no one will prove more important to this class and Tom Herman’s future at Texas than Cam Rising. Tim Beck is expected to visit Rising today.
*The most important coach Herman must retain is Todd Orlando. He will do an in-home visit with DaShaun White this evening.
*Texas did a in-home visit with Ronnie Perkins last night. Things went well but this one is still Oklahoma’s to lose.
*I talked to a source close to Trinity (KY) Texas WR commit Rondale Moore. There are some schools that are still in contact with him and two will be in Kentucky this week to conduct an in-home visit with Moore. Those two schools are Pitt today and Purdue tomorrow. Expect Texas to see him next week.
We’ve talked about his connection to Purdue with the Boilermakers HC Jeff Brohm. As Brohm played at Trinity HS and has a lot of ties to the Louisville area. Pitt is another school that has shown a lot of interest in Moore. I feel like Purdue is a bigger threat that Pitt here. But Pitt has an advantage over Texas in the distance to home questions, as does Purdue.
We feel a lot better about Texas’ chances to sign Moore than we did a month or so ago. The Texas staff did a really good job with Moore and his family on his official visit in late October. They sold them on Texas being his home, as outside of the distance to home, Moore is completely sold on the Texas program.
Right now Texas is the only official visit Moore has taken, so we will see if that changes. – (Andrew)
– Damone Clark: As you all know by now, 2018 LSU linebacker commit, Damone Clark (Baton Rouge, LA) visited Texas this past week. This was his second visit to Austin. The connection to Texas? Clark is close to Texas DE, Malcolm Roach.
As a LSU commit, Clark has been hesitant to talk too much about Texas but when I briefly spoke to him he said, “Man, this visit was unique.” He followed that up by something that may surprise some readers with Texas sitting at six and six, “I noticed that the players and coaches are like a family. They’re on the same page.”
Clark also noted that life after football is important to him and he sees Texas as a program that can offer a lot in that regard.
In terms of a final final decision, Clark said, “It will depend on if I can graduate early or not”. I am told by sources on the Texas side that it does appear he will be able to qualify as an early enrollee at Texas.
As I said, it’s hard to read a player committed to another school since they are limited in what they can share but I do think Texas has a shot here selling the university, the defense and the opportunity to play right away with Jefferson’s spot being vacated. I also think the relationship with Roach is a factor here. – (Super K)