– Ayodele Adeoye: I chatted with Texas LB commit earlier in the week, Ayodele Adeoye (IMG Academy). He confirmed that he will not be able to make the visit to Texas this upcoming weekend.
I asked him if he will definitely reschedule and his answer surprised me a bit. He said, “I don’t know”.
The Sooners are currently the biggest threat to Texas in this recruitment. However, while the Sooners do want Ayodele, they are tight on numbers. – (Super K)
– Damone Clark: There is a lot going on right now with Texas and LB recruiting. The main guys being talked about are Texas commit Ayodele Adeoye and TAMU commit DaShaun White. Another name to keep an eye on is SU Lab (LA) LSU LB commit Damone Clark.
It was originally reported over last weekend that Clark had set up a Texas official visit. But I wanted to talk to him and some people close to him before talking about it on the board. He is set to visit Texas for the weekend of their regular season finale vs Texas Tech on November 24th.
After talking to him and a coach of his, it sounds like Texas is the #2 school here. But like I’ve said multiple times, it’s tough to flip a Louisiana kid from LSU. Clark has been committed to LSU for almost a year now. After LSU fell to Troy, I thought there was a shot Texas could take advantage of the Tigers slipping. But they’ve rebounded nicely since then, and Texas hasn’t done much on the field.
Getting Clark on campus is the first big step for Texas and they’ll be able to sell playing time with a guy like Malik Jefferson likely heading to the NFL. Clark really likes Todd Orlando and that’s keeping them in the running to flip him. And he is definitely a guy to watch as all the LB recruiting madness plays out between now and signing day. – (Andrew)
– DaShaun White: TAMU LB commit, DaShaun White (North Richland Hills, TX) has gone back and forth on whether he will visit Texas this upcoming weekend. White is in a situation where he knows the TAMU staff will likely be out. However, he is trying to remain loyal to the staff until it is announced.
White has visited OU on numerous occasions and as of now, OU is his likely landing spot should he decommit from TAMU. He let me know earlier in the week that he was debating whether to visit Texas this weekend or take another visit to Oklahoma.
He has confirmed that he will visit Texas this weekend. It’ll be interesting to see if Texas can make a last minute push and give White something to think about. It’s seemed like a OU vs. TAMU for a while but there is no doubt White has long coveted the Texas offer which he picked up last month. – (Super K)
– Joseph Ossai: I’m told Texas is trying to get 2018 OLB/DE, Joseph Ossai (Conroe, TX) back on campus for the Kansas game this weekend.
Ossai spent the past two weekend’s in College Station watching TAMU take some pretty tough losses. A source close to Ossai tells me that no decision on whether Ossai will trip back to Texas this weekend has been made just yet.
Source also said that Ossai is currently like trying to see how the situation is going to play out with Kevin Sumlin at TAMU. I asked the source, should Sumlin get fired would Texas be the choice, to which source said, “definitely”.
I also asked if he’d wait to see who TAMU hired and the source said, “it’s doubtful that he would”. – (Super K)
– Lamar HS Visitors: We recently reported that Hou. Lamar (TX) Baylor DL commit Josh Landry plans to unofficially visit Texas over the weekend. I talked to someone at Hou. Lamar and it sounds like Landry won’t be the only recruit from that school to be in Austin this weekend.
I was told that Texas commits WR Al’Vonte Woodard and DB D’Shawn Jamison will join Landry. Right now Texas hasn’t extended an offer to Landry, but it’s looking more likely right now after Texas missed on a guy like Ronnie Perkins. If Texas were to offer Landry, I would feel very confident in him ending up in Texas’ class on NSD. The Texas staff likely feels the same way, which is why they haven’t extended the offer just yet because they know they can likely flip him anytime.
The one guy missing from the group is 5-star CB Anthony Cook, who’s down to Texas, LSU, and Ohio State. Right now he’s expected to make a decision in a few weeks as he’s an early enrollee. But he doesn’t talk very much at all and the people around him aren’t saying much either. I believe part of the reason is that Cook hasn’t made a final decision yet and is having a tough time with it. If he had to make a pick today, I think Texas would be the pick. We’ll see what happens in a few weeks. – (Andrew)
– Luke Ford: We mentioned earlier this week that star 2018 TE, Luke Ford (Carterville, IL) may be visiting Texas this weekend for the Kansas game.
I received a message from Ford confirming that he will indeed be in Austin this weekend for a official visit. – (Super K)