– I previously noted that following his official visit to Texas, Ayodele had let me know he was no longer torn between Oklahoma and Texas. Instead, he was solid to Texas.
I have been told that Ayodele has already booked his flight to Austin for January when he is set to enroll. Texas looks good to go here.
– We haven’t reported a ton on DaShaun White despite the fact that Herman did a in-home with White this week. The simple reason is, I don’t believe Texas is in a position to land White. In speaking to White, most of our discussion is around Oklahoma and Texas A&M. So while Ayodele seems to be sealed up for Texas, I think the ship is sailing on White.
– Courtre Alexander: While he was on a visit to Texas this past weekend, Texas offered 2018 DE/DT, Courtre Alexander (Owasso, OK).
— courtre (@ctrealexander) December 17, 2017
Last night, after his visit, I spoke with Alexander. This one could be over pretty quickly…
– Courtre took the visit with his mother and grandfather and they clearly loved it.
– Texas told Courtre they see him a 4i technique and as a guy who could play standing up. He’s already nearly 260 lbs at 6’3 – 6’4 so I fully expect him to be a “B” gap player.
– Courtre said, “Coach Herman made the offer and he told me wants me to sign with them this week”. I asked Courtre if he will sign with Texas this week and he said he’s going to discuss with his family but it is certainly something they are considering.
– As I expected, OU reached out on the day he left for his Texas official visit. I asked Courtre, if OU asked him to hold off on signing for a chance at a OU offer if that would factor into his decision to which he said, “definitely not”. – (Super K)
– Rondale Moore: Trinity (KY) Texas WR commit Rondale Moore visited Purdue this weekend.
We’ve said for awhile now that Purdue is the main threat to Texas here. The main reason is the distance to home and the connection Purdue HC Jeff Brohm has to Moore’s hometown and his HS.
I reported last week that Moore doesn’t plan to sign early, and that still sounds like the case. It doesn’t matter if he sticks with Texas or flips to Purdue after this visit, he is not expected to sign Wednesday.
I talked to a source close to Moore prior to the visit. When asked if they think a flip is coming and I was told “We’ll see, it [Purdue] is a completely different place than Texas. We’ll see if he can picture himself there for the next four years.”
Right now I won’t say that a flip is imminent with Moore, but things are definitely getting interesting here. Now that the visit has concluded I’ll be checking on this but a source on the Texas side did say, “we’ve got some work to do. We’re going to have to recruit him till signing day” – (Andrew)