– Mikey Grandy: I was able to catch up briefly with JUCO OT, Mike Grandy. Grandy visited Texas this past weekend. In addition to Texas, Grandy has visited Arizona State and UCLA. We expect the decision to come down to those three schools.
Grandy says he will announce his decision around 10 AM PST (Noon CST).
As expected the staff is selling Grandy on immediate playing time, “They told me they want me to come in and play. Obviously, I’d have to earn the spot but it’s open for the taking”.
Earlier today I spoke with Courtre Alexander’s mother who raved about the family atmosphere at Texas. Grandy said something similar highlighting, “how close everyone is. It really felt like a family over there. I can tell everyone liked everyone. I’m glad I went to check it out. I knew it was a great place going into the trip but it was good to see it for myself”.
The above was a original post regarding Grandy which I followed, yesterday, with a prediction post on the donor board saying…
I’ll be straight forward here. I’m not feeling very confident in Texas landing either Noah Banks or Mikey Grandy. It isn’t anything particular that they’ve said. It’s the following:
– Banks has gone quiet since he left Texas and went on his Florida trip. Grandy is talking but he’s vague and that could be just him trying to keep people guessing but…
– Banks is originally from Florida so UF is his home state school and Grandy is originally from the Bay Area so UCLA is a home state school.
– Texas staff seems to be unsure about where they stand. Meanwhile, Florida seems confident in where things stand with Banks.
I’m not writing either off just yet but wanted to temper expectations here. I did reach out to Trevor Elbert’s coach at Ventura College. Elbert visit UCF and Pitt over the weekend. Elbert’s coach did say that Trevor might consider signing to Texas sight unseen if they send him a NLI. Whether they will or not, I’m not certain but I suspect the staff will be on the phone with Banks and Grandy tonight trying to get a true sense of where they stand.
As you all know by now, the following just happened… – (Super K)
– Noah Banks:
Another Longhorn JUCO OT prospect is gone.
— Noah Banks (@TunaBanks) December 19, 2017
Texas has now missed on Bradara Traore and Noah Banks. We don’t feel great about Texas landing Grandy either. – (Will Baizer)
– Texas Commits Signing Early:
The early signing period begins on Wednesday December 20th and lasts through the 23rd. The big news to follow will be which Texas commits decide to sign early and which ones will decide to wait until signing day. Here’s the current breakdown.
QB Cam Rising: Plans to sign early, and enroll early
QB Casey Thompson: Plans to sign early, and enroll early
RB Keaontay Ingram: I spoke to Keaontay and a coach of his and they were sure of he’s going to sign early. With Carthage playing in the State Title game this weekend it wouldn’t surprise me to see him wait.
WR Brennan Eagles: Plans to sign early, and enroll early
WR Al’Vonte Woodard: Plans to sign early
WR Rondale Moore: Doesn’t plan to sign early, visited Purdue over the weekend
TE Malcolm Epps: Plans to sign early
OT Reese Moore: Plans to sign early
OT Rafiti Ghirmai: Told me he isn’t sure about signing early. But he is solid to Texas.
OT Junior Angilau: Haven’t gotten official word yet from Angilau, but it sounds like he’s signing early. The bigger question will be if he takes a 2-year LDS mission after he graduates HS
DT Keondre Coburn: Doesn’t plan to sign early
OLB Byron Hobbs: Plans to sign early
LB Ayodele Adeoye: Plans to sign early and enroll early
OLB/S DeMarvion Overshown: Plans to sign early
CB Jalen Green: Plans to sign early
CB D’Shawn Jamison: Plans to sign early
S BJ Foster: Plans to sign early, and enroll early
S Caden Sterns: Plans to sign early and enroll early
K Cameron Dicker: Plans to sign early – (Andrew)
– Rondale Moore: The 5’8″ 174lbs inside wide receiver out of Kentucky has decommitted from the University of Texas. Rondale Moore was Texas’ take at inside wide receiver for the 2018 class with his 4.33 40 time. Texas will not focus their entire efforts on Jaylen Waddle out of Episcopal High School in Houston.
We do not expect Rondale to reconsider Texas and believe he is Purdue bound. – (Will)
— Rondale Moore (@Rondale_Moore03) December 19, 2017
– Anthony Cook: The early signing period begins tomorrow and the biggest news of the day for Texas fans could come from Lamar (TX) CB Anthony Cook. He’s down to Texas, LSU, and Ohio State but this is a Longhorns-Tigers battle.
We reported earlier this week that it’s a closer battle than we felt it was a few weeks ago. LSU has been pushing very hard and has closed the gap on Texas and this one is close. If Cook wasn’t enrolling early, I doubt he’d be signing tomorrow.
I’ve been talking to people on the Texas and LSU side, and trying to talk to people close to Cook (even though they’ve been very quiet for awhile now). And based off the latest I’ve heard, I feel good about Texas’ chances to add another 5-star DB tomorrow to what would be the best DB class in the nation.
Obviously things aren’t done until the ink is dry, but that is the latest on Cook. – (Andrew)
– Courtre Alexander: Last night, Arkansas went ahead and offered Texas DE/DT target, Courtre Alexander. It would appear they are hoping the offer will keep him from signing early with Texas. As of last night it sounded like it could be working but I hope to speak to Courtre or his mother today to find out more. I can tell you that as of yesterday morning Courtre’s mother wanted him to sign with Texas on Wednesday but Courtre was hesitant. – (Super K)