Per Tom Herman:
– LB Malik Jefferson is planning on playing in the Texas Bowl as of now, but still uncertain.
– Malik Jefferson is dealing with 1st degree toe sprain (turf toe). Met with specialist in Green Bay earlier this week.
– OL Elijah Rodriguez (suffered ankle injury in fall) and OL Patrick Vahe (injured knee vs WVU) have been practicing “without restrictions.” Expect like both to play in Texas Bowl.
– P.J. Locke III has replaced DeShon Elliott as starting safety. Antwuan Davis is starting nickel. Jason Hall will continue to be the dime LB.
– Tom Herman hasn’t met with Malik Jefferson or other players thinking about going to NFL. Says he plans on meeting with them in next few days.
– Tom Herman expects the entirety of the 2017 coaching staff to come back for 2018. Will use 10th assistant on best available coach. Will take into account ability to recruit.