– Moro Ojomo: As you all know, 2018 DT, Moro Ojomo has taken recent official visits to Oklahoma and Notre Dame. Going into this past weekend’s Notre Dame trip, we had been hearing that this one is really down to OU and Texas.
I’m told that Notre Dame did not make a dent in that. From what I gather it remains OU vs. Texas.
Ojomo will take a official visit to Texas this weekend and I’m told this one is trending Texas right now. There is no doubt Ojomo loved the OU visit but there are a few factors giving Texas an advantage going into the visit.
I don’t want to go as far as to say he is Texas’ to lose this weekend but based on what I’ve been told, Texas has a good chance of winning it this weekend. – (Super K)
– Lawrence Keys: Texas is still in the market for a slot wide receiver and with the chances of getting Waddle back on campus continuing to decrease, Lawrence Keys is a critical get.
I spoke with the head coach (coach Daggs) over at McDonogh HS where Keys plays and as I previously noted, Notre Dame definitely impressed Keys and his mother.
Coach Daggs tells me that Notre Dame will do a in-home visit with Keys on Thursday. The rumor was that Notre Dame will try to lock things up in the in-home and perhaps dissuade Keys from taking the visit to Texas. However, Daggs tells me that the Texas visit is a definite.
I know Texas came in with a late offer but fortunately for them, the staff was communicating with Keys prior to that. So, they’ve had a chance to build a relationship with Keys’ mother who will obviously be critical in this decision.
Given how well Texas does when guys get on campus and given the proximity, I like Texas’ chances in this one but again the Notre Dame trip wowed Keys. Also, worth noting that this past weekend was the only time Keys had visited Notre Dame. – (Super K)
– Tommy Bush: Texas has revamped their interest in Samuel Clemens (TX) WR Tommy Bush. Last week, WR coach Drew Mehringer went visited Tommy. I checked in with Bush yesterday morning and he told me that Mehringer and Texas HC Tom Herman were expected to visit him. And, they did indeed…
— 11 (@TheTommyBush11) January 24, 2018
Tommy just returned from a Ole Miss official visit and has one more remaining. He told me that he’s going to decide between Texas, Arkansas, Florida, and Baylor for his final official visit. I suspect Herman and Mehringer discussed this with Tommy yesterday. We’ll check in with him to see if he’s made up his mind on that final official. – (Andrew)
– Bobby Wolfe: Texas has thrown it’s hat in the ring for 2019 CB, Bobby Wolfe (Houston, TX).
— Hollywood🌴 (@iambobbywolfe1) January 23, 2018
Based on what I know of Wolfe, I do not believe he is going to go far from. I could very well see this one coming down to Texas and LSU.
Wolfe reminds me a little of 2018 signee, Jalen Green. Probably on the raw side but a lot of physical tools. Better feet than I’d expect from a guy his size but want to see what he can do in off coverage.
– Tyree Wilson: Texas DL coach Oscar Giles is continuing to work hard to finish off the 2018 DL class on a good note. The Longhorns have added DE/DT Daniel Carson and DE Mike Williams over the last few days.
West Rusk (TX) TAMU DE commit Tyree Wilson is another guy they’re after. At 6’5.5 230, Wilson has the tools to be an elite edge rusher.
Texas has some work to do in this one, as Wilson is currently committed to Texas A&M. Though some feel that Arkansas is in the best spot to sign him as of today. He was in Fayetteville over the weekend for his official visit.
As we noted on Monday, he plans to officially visit Texas this weekend, then Texas A&M the following weekend before making his final decision. – (Andrew)
– It would appear Texas picked up another commit…
— Bʀʏᴀɴ Cᴀʀʀɪɴɢᴛᴏɴ🤫 (@BCarringtonUT) January 23, 2018
Obviously, wouldn’t be right to say who it is but we can tell you that the player is not expected to announce just yet. No final word on when he will announce but I do not anticipate it being this week. – (Super K)
– We first reported the following note Tuesday morning on the donor board. Since that time the visit has been confirmed by a number of outlets. The original quick-hitter was as follows:
I checked with a source close to 2018 TAMU wide receiver, Jalen Preston (Manvel, TX) and was told that he will likely visit Texas. I don’t expect him to make it in this weekend. So, look for him to visit the final weekend before signing day.
Again, the report was confirmed later in the day by multiple outlets. So, Texas is going to get their shot at yet another top wide receiver and get a chance to pile on to TAMU’s current recruiting woes. If you’re a Texas fan…win win. – (Super K)