– News dropped Wednesday that Texas RB commit took an official visit to Texas A&M over last weekend with some teammates. Jimbo Fisher and his staff have been recruiting Ingram very hard since he took over, so getting him on campus was big. Ingram has maintained throughout the process that he is solid to Texas, even after he didn’t sign during the early signing period. So is there anything to worry about here?
I spoke to a source close to Ingram Wednesday night and was told “He’s still 100% Texas. He just wanted to take some visits before signing day.” One thing that I was also told is that Ingram let the Texas staff know he was taking this visit, so they weren’t caught off guard by this visit. I was also told that Ingram is thinking about taking an official visit to Auburn this weekend, so that’s something to keep an eye on.
Obviously I’m sure the Texas staff wishes Ingram wasn’t taking visits, but it doesn’t seem like a huge concern right now. (Andrew)
– As you all know, Rice grand transfer LT, Calvin Anderson visited Michigan this past weekend.
Going into the visit, Texas was in a very good spot to the land Anderson. I checked in with him Wednesday to see how this weekend went and it’s all pretty straight forward right now…
“Michigan visit was better than expected. Likely will come down to Texas and Michigan with Auburn trailing behind them.”
So, while there is a top three, it appears there is more of a top two.
Later, Sooners HC, Lincoln Riley paid Anderson a visit. Anderson said that Riley made a strong impression on him and he is now considering a visit to Oklahoma. The visit was not certain but again, he is now considering the Sooners.
Anderson originally planned to announce on his birthday, March 25th, but he says the decision will probably come before that. (Super K)
– Texas has offered 2019 running back, Marcus Major…
— MDMJ24 (@Md24jr) February 1, 2018
— Super K (@SuperK_TFB) January 30, 2018
Brandon spoke with Major about his Texas offer and Major said that his recruiting process will be pretty straight forward. They’re looking at taking official visits this spring, followed by a decision. Texas will be one of the schools in consideration for an official visit.
Major has ties to the state of Alabama and grew up an Alabama fan. He’s recently picked up offers from schools like Oklahoma and Michigan but the Crimson Tide haven’t come knocking just yet. (Super K)
– Continue to hear good things on the Moro Ojomo front. It sounds he remains down to two schools which include Texas and Oklahoma.
However, Thursday we got word that the Sooners reached out to in-state DL, Courtre Alexander and are trying to get him on a visit this upcoming weekend. That is a likely indication that they do not feel good about where things stand with Ojomo…which bodes well for Texas. (Super K)
– Confirmed a report that Yoakum (TX) WR Joshua Moore doesn’t plan to officially visit Oregon this weekend. The Ducks are in the final 2 along with Texas. And if he doesn’t visit Oregon this weekend, that should tell you all you need to know about this one.
Texas is still recruiting WR’s Lawrence Keys III, Tommy Bush, and Jaylen Waddle. So I wouldn’t rule out Texas finishing the 2018 class with 4 WR’s in the fold. Right now they only have signees Brennan Eagles and Al’Vonte Woodard on board. (Andrew)
– Was able to confirm that recent 2018 OT offer, Christian Jones (Cypress, TX) decided to cancel his Vanderbilt visit and visit Texas instead. Barring something out of the ordinary, look for this one to Texas’ way.
– 2018 LB, Andrew Parker (New Orleans, LA) told me earlier this week that he would visit Texas on Friday. Awaiting reconfirmation from him.
– Last weekend, a number of 2019 prospects were in College Station visiting Texas A&M. The visit went very well for the Aggies. They not only picked up one of the most highly coveted safeties in the country in Brian Williams (Bishop Dunne), but generally, they made a big impact with a number of other prospects. Spoke with one source who said, “after that visit a lot of those guys were saying ‘A&M’ is the move”…
Texas will have a chance to impress some 2019 prospects this weekend…
Garrett Wilson tells me he will be at Texas this weekend for Texas vs. OU basketball game. Garrett’s father also let me know that they will also be at Texas in a couple weeks for the jr day.
Jordan Whittington says he will be there as well.
We are told that Texas 2019 QB commit, Roschon Johnson will be there as well. That will obviously be a good opportunity for those young guys to bond. This is exactly what you need in order to build early momentum and solidify a core group of guys who can help a squad recruit.
Also, spoke with Arjei Henderson’s father who mentioned that were planning on being at the game in Austin this weekend as well but had a change of plans. (Super K)
OFFERS THAT WENT OUT:
2019 California LB Mase Funa
— 🇹🇴Mase Funa🌴 (@mase_funa47) February 1, 2018
2019 OT from Arkansas, Darius Thomas
Blessed to receive an offer to play at the University of Texas !! pic.twitter.com/IbpKlwwLDZ
— Darius Thomas (@Dit200119) February 1, 2018
Seven Lakes (TX) ’19 TE David Ugwoegbu
Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Texas🐂 pic.twitter.com/XdQnCRr9mm
— David Ugwoegbu🇳🇬 (@D_U_30) February 1, 2018
2019 Louisiana RB John Emery
Blessed to receive a scholarship from the Texas Longhorns 🤘🏽🤘🏽 pic.twitter.com/MMzoPqsQeO
— John Emery (@Emery4____) February 1, 2018
2019 New Orleans, LA CB Devin Bush
— Devin C. Bush5️⃣ (@Dev_Bush1) February 1, 2018
2019 Oklahoma (Millwood) RB Marcus Major
— MDMJ24 (@Md24jr) February 1, 2018