– Earlier this week, Texas offered explosive 2019 WR, Demariyon Houston (OKC). Almost immediately after the offer Demariyon set up a visit to Texas, “I was actually thinking about going up this weekend but we decided to go up probably March 24th”.
Who is “we”?
Demariyon Houston’s teammate and close friend is star 2019 running back, Marcus Major. Major will take the visit down to Texas with Houston.
For Houston it actually won’t be the first time he’s been to Texas, “I visited sophomore year with Israel [Antwine] but I wasn’t being recruited at the time”. So, this will be the first time Houston will visit UT as a recruited prospect.
Demariyon’s teammate, Marcus, picked up his offer from Texas earlier this year. Texas is one of the schools that have offered both Houston and Major and here is where it get’s interesting…
In talking about he and Marcus’ friendship and their plans, Demariyon said, “He’s like my brother. We are looking to play together like a package deal if we can make it work”.
Houston was careful to say “if we can make it work” because as we all know, sometimes it doesn’t. It does sound like the idea of playing together is certainly one they are entertaining. So far both Houston and Major have visited Arkansas, TCU and Oklahoma State together. As mentioned, they’ll visit Texas in March and they’d also like to visit Notre Dame, together.
Last month we stopped by Millwood High School to record some video of Houston and Major and beyond the obvious athleticism, I noticed that they were like two peas in a pod. Clearly a strong bond between them. -(Super K)
— Super K (@SuperK_TFB) January 30, 2018
– Both 2019 offensive linemen, Javonne Shepherd and Tyler Johnson made it to Texas this weekend. I spoke to a source who said the two are, “lovin’ it”. Shepherd’s high school coach brought him up, while Johnson attended with his mother and father.
— 🤺⁷⁶ (@JavonneShepherd) March 4, 2018
Hook ‘em😤😈 pic.twitter.com/4FejtzH3y6
— Tyler Johnson (@TylerJohnson_74) March 4, 2018
– 2019 linebacker, David Gbenda also made it to Campus this weekend. Not only did he visit but the Inside LineBacker, who is among the hottest recruits in the area, received an offer. We will have more on this later.
— David Gbenda (@d_aavviidd) March 5, 2018
2019 Star TX LB, David Gbenda took a return visit to #Texas today & picked up an offer. He was also at the most recent jr day. David said the visit went so well that his father was saying “Hook’Em” all the way home! https://t.co/h9VDPRizUr
— TFB Texas (@TFB_Texas) March 5, 2018
– Spoke with 2019 DE, MJ Anderson (St. Louis, MO) who tells me that he has been in regular contact with coach Giles. Though he doesn’t have an offer just yet, I get the sense one is coming. He holds a number of offers including offers from Notre Dame, South Carolina and others. Anderson says he plans on visiting Texas this spring.
– 2019 star safety, Lewis Cine who recently moved to Texas from Massachusetts was not able to make it in this weekend due to conditioning workouts he could not miss. However he said he will absolutely reschedule. I spoke with Cine at length on Thursday evening. I’ll have more on him later. – (Super K)