Open Post | Monday, February 1st (UPDATE: 5:15 pm)

We have finally made it to the month of February my friends…two more days until NSD. Texas still has quite a few spots to fill. I’ve been expecting 25 in the 2016 class but that number may be 24 now with Irvin Smith likely heading to Alabama. Things can always change during these last few days and things always seem to change.

Chris Daniels: 2016 DT and former Sooner commit, Chris Daniels will announce his commitment on signing day. Daniels is primarily focused in on three schools: Texas, Texas A&M, and OU.

Daniels took a visit to Texas A&M this past weekend. The aggies were at one time Daniels leader. In talking to Daniels Sr. it sounds like the visit went really well but my take on it was that they didn’t do enough to threaten OU and Texas.

For a couple weeks now, I’ve been saying that I feel Texas has a small lead here and I’m sticking with that prediction. But we will know for certain in a couple of days. – (Super K)

– Brandon Jones: Nacogdoches (TX) S Brandon Jones visited Baylor this past weekend for his final official visit before his NSD commitment. I briefly spoke to a source close to Jones about how the Baylor visit went and where things stand in his recruitment. I was told the visit went “pretty good and the top 3 are Texas, Baylor, and Texas A&M”. There had been some rumblings that Texas A&M was making a big push and there is some truth to that. I was told that the primary reason for that is, “there are so many Aggies out in Nacogdoches”. The source told me that if Jones had to decide today it would be Texas but Texas A&M is “creeping in on them”. Right now it seems that Jones is still undecided and there are people pulling him in both directions.

I expect to hear more on Jones today to get the latest on the talented East Texas safety. – (Andrew)

– D’Andre Christmas-Giles: St. Augustine (LA) DT D’Andre Christmas-Giles is someone who some thought might have committed this past weekend but he has decided to wait until NSD. Christmas-Giles is down to Texas, TCU, and LSU but this is a Longhorns-Tigers battle. As most know, Christmas-Giles was in Baton Rouge this past weekend but I confirmed that he did not visit LSU while in town. We have felt good about Christmas-Giles for awhile and continue to feel that way. If he announced his commitment last weekend it would’ve been for Texas, but him waiting until NSD doesn’t hurt Texas’ chances.

Of note, Christmas-Giles and fellow DT’s Jordan Elliott and Stephon Taylor are also announcing their commitments at noon on NSD. – (Andrew)

Mark Jackson: 2016 OLB/DE Mark Jackson (Cibolo, TX) let us know that he will be announcing his commitment today at around 5 pm. Jackson visited Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma in the month of January with OU being his latest visit.

I’ve talked a few sources about this one and like a few others, I’m hearing Oklahoma is in a good spot. But, as noted above, we should know for certain sometime today. – (Super K)

Erick Fowler: Up until very recently, I believed Erick Fowler would ultimately end up at LSU. He’s been committed to the Tigers since this past summer and grew up an LSU fan. As I mentioned yesterday, I am changing my prediction on this one. I’ve spoken to folks close to Erick and it is sounding more and more like after some family discussions and the weekend visit from coach Strong, Texas has taken a lead here. My sources did say that LSU isn’t out of this one and right now Erick is not talking to many people regarding his recruitment (which includes some folks closest to him) but what I was told makes me feel that Texas is in a good spot here. – (Super K)

Parrish Cobb: Had a long conversation last night with a source close to Parrish Cobb. This one is very interesting. The long time Sooner commit apparently actually wants to go to Texas with his cousin (Eric Cuffee). But I’m told that the father wants his son at OU. So, my source tells me that the compromise in the end may end up being Baylor. – (Super K)

Patrick Hudson: All last week I kept checking with sources close to Hudson to see if Patrick and his family may take a last minute trip to Texas. They did not. In my mind, without Hudson’s mother seeing Texas it would seem difficult for the Horns to flip the talented offensive lineman. However, on Friday I was told that Hudson’s mother has, in fact, already visited Texas. She apparently made the trip to Austin last summer.

The other hurdle was we’ve long been told that Hudson’s sister is headed to Baylor but a source told me that with regards to that, “nothing is set in stone”. Source close to Hudson further said, “both school (UT and Baylor) are academically top notch…can’t go wrong either way”.

I go back and forth on this one but Texas is much closer here in my mind, today, that I would’ve said a week or two ago. I’m told that the Texas staff feels good about their chances with Hudson. Andrew and I have talked about this one a few times. Based on all the information, Baylor is probably the safe bet but my gut tells me Texas by a ever so slight margin.

What really stands out me is that, when taking in all the information, it’s clear Hudson is struggling with this one. Baylor makes a lot of sense. There is a ton of familiarity there. Hudson plays in the same system he will play in at Baylor (though now that is the case at Texas as well). He’s been committed to Baylor for a long time. The struggle here makes me feel like deep down Hudson prefers Texas. Now that I feel like his mother is fine with either choice, it makes me think Texas could really win this one.

I will, however, note that Andrew tells me he still feels Hudson ends up at Baylor and again that’s probably the safest bet. But one of my many nicknames growing up was “risky risk” so I rarely take the safe bet. Either way, Texas has a stellar offensive line class coming in this year. – (Super K)

UPDATE (12:10 pm): Most know that Texas needs some attrition to help fill the 2016 class and that happened today as UT announced that Redshirt Sophomore DB Jermaine Roberts has decided to transfer. He was redshirted his first year and missed all of 2015 due to a knee injury.

– Cilobo Steele (TX) TAMU FOX DE commit Mark Jackson will announce his final decision at 5PM today. Texas, OU, and TAMU look to be the 3 teams in it but most expect Jackson to pick the Sooners.

– Per Super K, Duncanville (TX) DT Marcel Southall has a final 3 and Texas makes the cut. He will announce on NSD.

– UPDATE (12:35 PM): You’re going to have to get up early for Trinity (TX) DT Chris Daniels decision on Wednesday morning. Both Super K and I feel that Texas leads right now.

– UPDATE (4:30 PM): I know most are focused on the 2016 class right now but I had two big 2017 recruits tell me that they will attend Texas’ JR Day on February 27th.

– UPDATE (5:15 PM): Nacogdoches (TX) S Brandon Jones and it has no surprises. Right now it looks like this one is back to a Texas-Texas A&M battle.

459 Comments

• Tom Selleck's Moustache says:

I suppose it’s good to hear that the Jones visit went “pretty good” and not amazing, and hearing that if he picked today it’d be us is awesome. Have y’all heard anything about Deontay Anderson’s visit to Ole Miss?

What an awesome signing day it would be to flip Hudson and Fowler. My friend said Fowler took “LSU commit” out of his twitter bio, so I guess that’s a nice sign?

• ibLonghornFan says:

I think Super K and Andrew do an amazing job and I want to say thanks! It’s a great feeling when you hit refresh and see the new Open Post up. That’s when you know you are hooked. 2 days away from showtime.

• BrianC says:

Map’s finna get a little oranger Wednesday

• Javed Maknojia says:

You guys are the best with all the updates and latest information. Thanks AK & all BON team for your hard work. We really appreciate what you all are doing.

• Tyler E says:

Kinda strange situation playing out with Parrish Cobb. Will be interested to see how that one turns out…

• MissingBarry says:

” The long time Sooner commit apparently actually wants to go to Texas
    with his cousin (Eric Cuffee). But I’m told that the father wants his
    son at OU. So, my source tells me that the compromise in the end may end
    up being Baylor.”

lol that seems to make the least sense of all. He should really just go where he wants to go, but even going to OU and making his Dad happy is better than going to Baylor and neither of them getting what they want…

• The Dozens says:

then again, it seems like a similar case as Fowler’s, except in the latter, the parents favor us.

we’ll see how it plays out.

• Andrew King says:

Parents factor in to recruitments like this all the time. Just look at Erick Fowler do example, you have a different take on it when the parents don’t want your school, am I right? 🙂

• Super K says:

In this case, I was told Cobb personally prefers Baylor and Texas over OU. The father prefers OU and Baylor over Texas. So Baylor is the compromise.

• MissingBarry says:

Ok, that makes more sense, then, the way it was written made it sound like nobody really wanted Baylor. :p

• OhLonghorn says:

Cobb should go where his heart tells him to go. But Fowler should listen to his mother. 😉

• The Dozens says:

Any word from the Dontavious Jackson visit?

• Super K says:

I haven’t heard anything personally but Andrew has more connects in that regard so he may working on a note.

• Andrew King says:

Jackson isn’t do any interviews so I haven’t heard from him. He needed to get back to Austin and he did, and him bringing Chris Brown made it even better.

It’s close between Texas and Florida State but knowing his mother hasn’t seen Florida State is stuck in my head. How much will that hurt the Noles?

• Jose Antonio Calderón Naranjo says:

Is Bama in the mix? Saban pulled offer to a ILB yesterday. That move was danger and Jackson visited them two weeks ago

• Bill says:

I think we should have a Pick the Texas Recruits contest. Draw up a list of the guys considering UT and everyone makes their selections as to where they end up. Include bonus tie-breaker categories for “Most surprising flip to Texas” and “Most surprising flip away from Texas”.

Winner gets one-year subscriptions to BON and BC, paid for by Super K.

Losers get three year subscriptions to BON and BC, paid for by Andrew.

What do you think?

• Tyler E says:

Never thought I’d see the day I wanted to be a loser…

• C_Alan_C says:

I think there’s no reason to disparage those sites here.

• Rob Thomas says:

poorly made joke or taking pot shots at fellow fan sites? Keep it classy.

• Turftoe says:

I love BC – Scipio Tex and Nobis are the most entertaining and insightful writers covering Texas!

Between BC and TFB (which I believe are complementary rather than direct competitors), Texas fans are lucky to have such incredible free coverage of our team.

I’ll not say anything about BON, because my mom taught me that if you have nothing nice to say……

• Sanchez50 says:

Do you think the story on Baylor helps Texas with Hudson?

• Knox Harrington says:

Great job to TFB staff for all the info during this wild twisting ride that is recruiting. Best site by far!

• JGerb says:

Is Mark Jackson making his actual decision today at 5:00? I’ve read that the “decision” may just be him decommiting and the actual decision may be on NSD. It’s Monday so I could be completely wrong. The brain hasn’t fired back up yet.

• Tyler E says:

Never imagined a world where a defensive back could be torn between UT and TAMU. Hope B Jones makes the right decision!

• harrylime says:

Hopefully Hudson’s mother didn’t make it to Austin this weekend because she was too busy watching Outside the Lines.

• J-Lo says:

AK and SK
    Not sure how much you know about NCAA infractions but based on what we’ve heard about what going on with Ole Miss, what kind of punishment is to be expected for the football program?

• MarcelS says:

All of their recruits will be sent to UT to be cleansed by CS.

• Turftoe says:

My understanding was there was little to be worried about for the football program at this stage, most of the accusations are very old and not too serious.

• Andrew King says:

This is correct. Heard most of the things were from Houston Nutt’s time at Ole Miss. Nothing to big, at least yet.

• Turftoe says:

Is there any idea why Parish Cobb’s Dad is pushing OU so hard. Does he have a tie to the school?

• Super K says:

I think it’s that he feels OU recruited him hardest…made him a priority. Texas came in late and that hurt them with the dad.

• John_Behr says:

Curious how firm Whaley is to Arkie. If there is a real surprise Wednesday I think it would be him.

• TexasEx14 says:

He has been recruiting heavily for Arkansas for weeks now on twitter, I think that door might be closed. I personally hope we don’t take a RB this year. I think JK Dobbins (2017) might like that idea too.

• Turftoe says:

Disagree – we could do with the depth. Christian Kirk and Trisitian Houston are probably not every down backs from what I understand.

• BurntOrangeAtlanta says:

I think we have 3-4 players flexible enough in their skillsets to give us reps at RB if injuries hurt us… I think RB is a luxury we can hold back on if the spot is needed for something more important. Now, if there is a spot to burn, I’d fill it with the best RB available, rather than hold it for an early enrollee. We can always make a spot if we have to next January.

• MissingBarry says:

Even if true, if we need them to be an every down back that pretty much means all of our other RB’s are hurt. Not a very likely scenario.

• Turftoe says:

I think Warren and Foreman being injured at the same time, is a reasonably likely scenario.

• MissingBarry says:

Even if it happens, Johnson and Houston will likely split carries with neither being a true feature/every down back, and who knows, maybe they mix Boyd in there some depending on the situation. Still think we’re left with some flexibility in that scenario, which is obviously a bad situation to begin with.

• Bill says:

>> “Christian Kirk”

I WISH we had Christian Kirk (he’s a local guy where I live, top player in the state 2 years ago) but he signed at A&M last year and made Freshman All-America …

Maybe you were thinking of Kirk Johnson ?

• Turftoe says:

Ha – I always get their names mixed up. I would go back an edit – but that would make your comment make no sense.

• Andrew King says:

Whaley isn’t coming to Texas.

• Turftoe says:

That is a shame, academically UT is the strongest option, and the school/Strong has an incredible reputation of putting DBs in the NFL. To not even kick the tires on UT when he had the opportunity seems to me a bit of an oversight – especially if he really likes UT.

You would hope that the Parent would be the one encouraging the kid to remain objective in the process, and fully explore all options!!

• T. Stiff says:

Porter or any RB target updates?

• JGerb says:

Why is CS “dabbin”? What is a dab? Should I be dabbin? Where did this come from? I’m clearly not hip!!

• ACreativeUsername says:

its a song by the rap group Migos, if you wanna look it up and be hip and chill like the cool kids

• JGerb says:

Thanks. Never heard of them. I’ll have to practice my dab and just pray I don’t pull something.

• reyj says:

cnnsi is saying dontavious jackson to Bama and Anderson to OLE MI$$….?

• Super K says:

I don’t believe Bama has a spot for Jackson.

• reyj says:

ben davis and lyndell wilson, one is an ILB and the other is an OLB…SO no room for jackson then…we will see gonna be an interesting signing day to say the least…

• Rdom22 says:

also AK and SK seem way more in tune with whats going on in the recruiting world than cnnsi, in my opinion anyways. Bama is getting another linebacker in Ben Davis as well. This is Florida State-Texas battle.

• reyj says:

For whatever thats worth…

• Backtothetop-UT says:

I want Jones sooo bad, I feel hes the Daylon Mack and Kyler Murray(though that one worked out) that we didn’t get last year. I know we are deep with what we got last year CB-wise, and with Cuffee also being able to maybe play safety, C brown being able to play safety. I just really want Jones. Fowler & Hudson either one would be icing on the cake! Like when youre little and have a birthday cake and you get those candles that keep turning back on even after you blow them out, its as if you get more than one wish lol Cant wait!!

• ACreativeUsername says:

im right there with you. getting him and Dontavious are the two biggest keys to this class in my opinion, since we seem to be swimming in DLs right now (should have 3 commits soon). Jones and Dontavious seem less certain and i desperately want both to shore up the defense at ILB and S

• Ez28 says:

Here’s how I see the class closing right now. Let me know what you think!

QB: Buechele

OLB: McCulloch
    ILB: Jackson
    CB: None
    FS: Jones
    SS: Brown
    Utility: Cuffee

Edit – 24 total. I would take this every class.

• RalphEmerson says:

I think it’s pretty close. I’d agree, but I’d take out Hudson and put in Fowler at Fox. Also, I think Roach is more of a SDE than Fox, but that’s picking nits. 🙂

• RalphEmerson says:

Just saw Fowler is already in your list, so I’d say take out Hudson, and that’s my prediction.

• Tom Selleck's Moustache says:

I’m leaving Hudson in. I #beleive. Like Super K alluded, that tweet Hudson had about reflecting about stuff with pics of DKR/Texas and his mom having been here gives me this gut feeling that we’re actually his favorite school and he pulls the trigger. C’mon Pat!

• Longhorn.Pirate says:

I sure hope so. I didn’t have him in my list but I would love to be wrong about him. Talk about shoring up our O-Line for the next 3 to 4 years.

• Turftoe says:

He sent a tweet out the following day saying he was pondering Baylor, as such I don’t think you can read anything into those tweets. He is either still deciding, or using twitter to create some drama about his decision (which I have no issue with FYI, we are all clearly enthralled!!!!!!)

• Tom Selleck's Moustache says:

Exactly. We were first on twitter, mind, and heart. Huzzah!

• Tyrone Martin says:

Maybe add Stephon Taylor

• MissingBarry says:

You’re missing Boyd.

• Longhorn.Pirate says:

I don’t have Hudson on my list…but other than that we have the same class. Now we just need everything to come together so we can all do the dab.

• Andrew King says:

Nice little list here Ez. Well thought out.

• Turftoe says:

One thing I have been unclear on from the analysts is whether this is:

a) a great class for Texas,

b) a great class for Texas……..given where we were in recruiting in
      December/coming off two losing seasons with a coach on the hot seat.

It feels to me like it is probably the latter as historically we have been able to pull in top 10 classes with ease, and ‘great’ classes were top 5, rather than top 10.

I would be interested in the analysts (AK/SK) view on this, and whether we should be looking beyond rankings to evaluate this class as being exceptional.

• MissingBarry says:

Seems to me it’s:

1. A great class considering where we are, while not impossible to land the kind of #1 class Texas is capable of without winning first (Bama did it when Saban arrived, after all), that’s a long shot. Top 10 classes are what I think the expectation should be, and they’re good enough to get the program back to where it needs to be.

2. A better class than the rankings suggest from the standpoint of needs – it looks like it’s shaping up nicely from the standpoint that the most talented players are also the players at positions we most need more talent at.

3. Probably underrated by rankings because CS has a track record of evaluating talent and has shown his opinion is better than the recruiting service’s opinion, AND Charlie takes his time and his staff really puts in the time and effort to properly evaluate who they recruit. It seems they’re going to land a lot of guys that were very high on their list, and to me, that’s the best sign.

• C_Alan_C says:

#3 is important. Charlie Strong signed 22 young men in the 2011 class at Louisville, of which 11 went on to play in the League. There were only a handful of four stars in that class. No recruiting service had that class in the top 25. Charlie keeps his own counsel with regard to talent evaluation, and he seems to have a better eye than the “experts.” He offered less than half as many kids at Saban this cycle…so he clearly knows who/what he wants, ratings be damned.

• SacredGeometer says:

2. definitely addresses a point of contention for me in comparing past results to current ones. In the past, we’d pull in a top recruiting class full of stud players, but fail to adequately address positions of need (OL was a particular pet peeve of mine). I think CS is absolutely a needs-first guy, which pleases me immensely.

• Sellazz says:

I’d be very happy with this.

• Whitty96 says:

Happy is an understatement! This would be incredible even if we didn’t get all of these. Especially considering how well it addresses our needs and complements last years class.

• Battlestar says:

Hope you are right Ez

• Bevo1992 says:

If we are able to land on the DL, LB and DB targets to get up to 24 total signees, this is going to be an unbelievable close by Strong and his staff down the stretch. This class seems to be focused on all of its key need areas, especially if Shane B. can turn into his own version of Colt over time and put the new offense on his back.

Can’t wait till NSD is over and we can look back at how it all came together, hopefully….
    Btw, great write-up again Super K……. You’re getting a lot of love and references on other boards (HD, OB, etc.) and in the media (ESPNU). Nice work!! Love TFB for the quality of the analysis and balanced perspectives!!!

• JGerb says:

Just read on CBSSports that Bama asked a long time committed LB to grayshirt. He decided to decommit. Do they now have room for Jackson?

• Andrew King says:

I still think Jackson is a Texas-FSU battle…

• MissingBarry says:

With the way Bama works that actually seems to me it’s evidence they don’t have room for Jackson. It means they already have someone in line to take away that LB’s scholarship spot. If hey did have room for Jackson they never would have let Riley Cole stand in the way to begin with and it would never have looked like they didn’t have room for Jackson at any point…

Just my take. I have no clue what I’m talking about though, really just throwing it out there as food for thought. :p

• DFWLonghorn says:

Read Riley Coopers spot was taken for current AR commit – De’jon Harris.

• DFWLonghorn says:

Read it was for a spot for current AR commit – De’jon Harris.

• Tom Selleck's Moustache says:

Looks like Jermaine Roberts is transferring to SHSU so there’s an open spot

• reyj says:

why is everyone saying mark jackson to OU….doesn’t his son and dad really really like Charlie Strong…? He’s been to UT twice in the last three weeks…he’s all about academics….why blow U? Texas education over an OU education ANY day…especially their business schools…so odd…

• MarcelS says:

His son!?

• MikeyBoom says:

Probably because he wants to play for Championships and not losing seasons. After all, Oklahoma has 7 National Championship’s. Ut has 4. 9 Big 12 Championships the last 16 years. I’d say that’s DOMINANCE. Wouldn’t you? What more could a kid who loves football want? haha

• reyj says:

gotta love trolls…

• MikeyBoom says:

Didn’t know pointing out facts meant trolling. Hmmm?

• Tom Selleck's Moustache says:

We’re also tied in national championships in the last 15 years. I don’t think Jackson is too terribly concerned with what Barry Switzer won

• MikeyBoom says:

Great point. But Big 12 Championship rings sure do get a kids attention. Stoop’s rings are too good to say no too. :):)

• HornsRollin says:

Didn’t you just state we always get the better classes??? So he rings are doing to much!!!

• Dillon Langley says:

Whenever someone uses “Hmmmmmm” on the internet, its trolling. Move along now troll, we use this website for real discussion and sharing information

• Regular Guy says:

UT vs. OU 66W, 44L, 5T

• KevTuck says:

Its all the juvenile LOLs and hahahas that betray you as a troll.

• John_Behr says:

Why don’t you stay on your side of the fence?

• FG says:

But, OU still sucks…….

• MissingBarry says:

Using Aggy Math (TM) we actually have 15 National Championships.

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Someone was the first in line to the liquor store this morning, go back to sleep, we’ll wake you up when despite our losing season we are going to have a badass NSD and on our way back!! #Believe Oh yea did we forget to mention who won last year??

• MikeyBoom says:

You’ve had the best recruiting classes for the most part of Stoop’s career and guess what??? Stoops still has a winning record against ut. And he has more than double the amount of Conference Championship’s as your ‘HIGHLY RANKED” classes haha. But facts don’t matter right?

• Heisenhorn says:

I heard a lot of ou fans wanted Stoops out a year or two ago.. has that sentiment changed?

• MikeyBoom says:

Not at all. The “real” OU fans have faith that he can bring us another National Championship. Look at what he’s accomplished. I’d say he deserves to leave when he wants.

• Backtothetop-UT says:

It really is funny though that you feel the need to come to this UT website and try and puff out your chest OU this OU that. Very insecure activity there. Hope you got enough of what you want, now move along. Have a nice rest of the day

Thanks

• Brian says:

As an OU fan, I’m over here just because AK actually responds to comments. Not getting much of that on the OU side. Besides, we’re in on a few of the same guys. Seeing if I’m missing anything that might be touched on over here…

• Andrew King says:

Alright guys, this Texas-OU battle will go on all day and take over this entire thread. So can we just call it a draw? 🙂

Sorry AK. Lol

• UTfan85 says:

Your site is unique for lack of people like that. Please ban trolls from this side of the site.

• UTfan85 says:

24-17?

• Brian says:

Playoff vs. 5-7???

• MikeyBoom says:

Don’t point out facts. They call it trolling lol

• Heisenhorn says:

**Got crushed in the playoffs
            Man, how do those $EC schools actually root for their rivals? haha

• MikeyBoom says:

Crushed? Game was close in the second half. Clemson beat us fair and square? Props to them. How was your bowl game. I must of missed it this year. ? At least my Sooners had something to play for. Too bad you cant say the same for your squad sir

• Heisenhorn says:

Keep telling yourself it was close haha
            And I am looking forward to another Texas W against little game bob next year

• MikeyBoom says:

Little game Bob has a winning record against your horns Heisenhorn. Your making fun of the guy who has dominated the conference you’ve been in. ut fans are one of a kind hahahaha

• Heisenhorn says:

Strong will get that fixed. He doesn’t waste talent like Mack did.

• MikeyBoom says:

I guess that Championship Mack helped bring to ut was a waste of talent also? lol dumb logic. Mack was a great coach.

• Heisenhorn says:

Not at the end.. got fat and happy

• UTfan85 says:

Why are you here lol. We finally have a site with good interaction and would like to keep it that way

Bored at work man. Anything to make 5 pm get here faster lol

• Regular Guy says:

Don’t feed the troll.

Fair point!!!

• TexasEx14 says:

Let MikeyBoom have his fun. His lunch break at Papa Johns is almost over.

• MikeyBoom says:

Papa Johns sounds so good right now brother. Honestly lol too bad I have to lose weight this sucks

• TexasEx14 says:

I agree, some PJ’s sounds delicious right now. How does this work? Can I give you my address and credit card information here? I could also pick it up.. Which location do you work at?

• MikeyBoom says:

Haha sure I’d love your credit card information. Make sure you give me an expiration date. Also what’s your pin/

• Rick Villa says:

Probably a beautyful Campus like UT, perhaps a beautiful city with lots of HILLS like Austin. Maybe he just want to be in TEXAS!

• buddyglass23 says:

61–44–5

• Turftoe says:

My guess is he sees a greater opportunity to play and make an impact at OU than at Texas.

• Andrew King says:

Jackson has loved how he fits the scheme at OU but his parents have always wanted him a little closer to home. If the OU coaches sold the parents last weekend that would be huge. And with Eric Striker leaving that just helps OU imo.

• Brian says:

I’m sure both business schools are good enough for him…kids often worry more about their desired major than how the two compare.

• FG says:

Hi Guys/ Just take this image from Hudson’s twitter.
    Does anyone know what’s these rings represent?

BTW, in the same twitter, he also has images from the game we beat BU in Dec, and BU won big12 champ. If you combine all these images, you could say we, Texas, beat the Big12 Champ Baylor. Sill feel positive for us to flip Hudson.

• UTfan85 says:

Lol the ring on the far left isn’t even a Baylor ring… their effort to show off trophies is pretty pathetic. Charlie doesn’t have his multiple national championship rings from Florida in our trophy room

• FG says:

I mean if he wants to see rings, I am sure we have way more rings than BU, right?

• UTfan85 says:

I want to know what these are even for… do they just make random diamond encrusted rings to show recruits?

• Andrew King says:

Stay off twitter my friend. It will make you go crazy today…

• reyj says:

How did Shea Patterson end up at OLE MI$$? I read a story that he played down in the Texas Valley at Hidalgo, moved to Lousiana to gain exposure and showed up at IMG…which I kinda don’t like….nothing like TEXAS football…he did a couple of UT camps as an 8th and 9th grader….NOBODY saw this at the camps?

• Andrew King says:

His brother was an assistant at LSU so everyone had him pegged to be a Tiger. Then the brother went to Ole Miss and he followed.

• Rick Villa says:

reyj, Patterson started as a freshman for Hidalgo, then his father got a better job in Louisiana..or something like that.
      But he had a solid freshman year in the Valley.

• ftwspursfan says:

OK, I have been on the Chris Daniels watch this entire run up to NSD. Do you think his early announcement could be the TX domino that knocks down the rest, esp with the other 3 DTs all anouncing at 12 noon?

• Andrew King says:

No, these recruits will know where they are going before they all announce. Heck, most probably know where they are going right now.

• Brian says:

But coaches surely know on most of these kids, right? IE You only have 2 DT spots…You can’t take DCG, Daniels, Elliott, and Southall.

• Andrew King says:

Texas has more than 2 open DT’s spots my friend. But yes, the coaches will know who is coming and who’s not.

• BD says:

Man I got a bad feeling about Brandon jones to a&m I hope I’m wrong but my gut feelings is that he will end up with the aggs

• Chris W says:

Any word on how Roach’s visit to S. Carolina went? Things still good with him?

• Brown Dachshund says:

Bud Elliott, the SB Nation national reporter who trashed our recruiting class, just put in a crystal ball pick for Texas for Brandon Jones

• Mullet Mafia says:

Well I liked Roberts but he wasn’t going to see the field. If it means we can take another player. That is AWESOME news. One less player we would potentially have to turn away.

• ChickfilATX says:

Who’s the last A&M DB to get drafted? (Honestly asking…. Just can’t think of any off the top of my head)

• UTfan85 says:

But Chavis and SEC SEC SEC. Your question is far too logical

• Turftoe says:

I know this is a joke, but there is a point here. Pointing to a teams history of putting players in the NFL is a nonsense when the coaches have changed.

• ChickfilATX says:

Well …. To an extent… You get more def scouts at UT than you do A&M on average… That’s just facts … And Charlie clearly puts DBs in the league… He puts players in the league… Come to Texas and believe
          But I understand what your saying.. It was a simple question…

• reyj says:

terrence fredrick…whoever that is…to PITT

• FG says:

Let’s enjoy the new video. Hook’Em

• BD says:

Man I can’t wait for the UT football to start up again I’m calling at least 10 wins this season. Hook’em

• Hornfanforever says:

Please ignore Mickey Boom on this thread- if you want an OU vs UT discussion please do it on the OU thread. He loves to come here and stir us up and brag on their site about doing it. Don’t let him be successful

• Backtothetop-UT says:

What does Daniels moving it mean? More momentum or exposure?

• Andrew King says:

Probably that’s when the school wants him to have it if he is having a ceremony at school.

• Regular Guy says:

Get up early for the Daniels announcement? I will have already been at work for over an hour but I plan to keep the TFB tab open all day long.

• reyj says:

I’m mind blown with all this recruiting info…BON has D Anderson to ole miss per 247…not one percentage with Texas….73% B.Jones to A&M….I’VE officially have lost mind…

• Turftoe says:

247 CB is confusing – especially at this time of year. Analysts don’t update their CBs. I would look at trends rather than overall % if you would like to take anything out of the 247 CBs. The last CB on Brandon Jones – Texas. The last CB on D Anderson – Ole Miss. Don’t take it as fact (as in many cases the kids haven’t made their decision), but the trends will give a better indication than the CB %.

• Spoetzl says:

Yep, percentages are worthless there (they really need to improve that system). Also, once a player is committed, they can only project a flip, so if someone’s wavering, but may stay with his commitment, they can’t put in a CB for that.

• Brad says:

Stephon Taylor (12pm) –
    DeAndre Christmas-Giles (12pm) –
    Irvin Smith (TBD) –
    Kyle Porter (TBD) –
    Erick Fowler (TBD) –

• bracketboy says:

Daniels, Jones, Jackson, Brown, McCullough,Hudson, Elliot, Taylor, C-G, and Fowler seem the most likely with Hudson, Fowler, and Jones being the toss-ups

• Dbu says:

Who do you all like better: Fowler or Jackson?

• Rdom22 says:

that looks like his aunt. She seems to want him at lsu

• HelloThere... says:

ok good

• JGerb says:

Ummm, that’s not a good sign. Mom/Aunt, whoever, it’s a family member telling him to Follow Your Dream. His dream school is LSU.

• Rdom22 says:

I’m just going to let it play out and see what happens lol. Sources are saying Texas is Trending up. Honestly no one really knows what is going on except for Fowler himself.

• Battlestar says:

The father wants Cox to go to OU he wants to go to Texas so they will compromise an go with Baylor? How the Hell does that make sense??

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Article on ESPN talks about BIG12 dissolving. Do recruits know about this and has it been discussed to them? Also where do we go since we wouldn’t be able to take our Network with us then that kind of hurts our exposure?

• HornsRollin says:

Big12 is going nowhere! Besides Texas would have many options if it did. Including going independent like ND.

• South Texas Horns Fan says:

I always hoped the Irish would join up with the BIG XII along with BYU to form a strong Central conference. But, then they went and joined the ACC in everything but football.

• Rene De Los Santos says:

Agreed! The Other Schools would have a tougher time finding conferences if Texas decided to leave and experience a financial strain. From a Logistical point of view- it is cheaper and logical to have closer opponents.

• GeorgiaHorn says:

Remember that our partner on LHN is ESPN who has major deals with all of the conferences in some form. The ACC doesn’t have a network and may want to reshape LHN into such. ESPN is behind the SEC Network. Those two would be the easiest partners. Pac12 and Big10 would be a little more difficult but don’t think for a minute that ESPN wouldn’t find a way to work something out.

• HornsRollin says:

Every school in the Big12 with the exception of Texas and OU better hope the Big12 doesn’t dissolve cause the likes of them getting an invite to another Power 5 conference is a game of Russian Roulette.

• Spoetzl says:

Despite the ESPN and NCAA hype (blackmail?), the Big XII was once again atop most of the CFB computer rankings. The ones it wasn’t were ones that divided the SEC East and West into separate “conferences” (#6 & #1 respectively in most instances). The NCAA wants the so-called “super-conferences” and will continue to hound the Big XII until it capitulates… or until people get fed up with the NCAA — whichever comes first.

• Turftoe says:

I can’t imagine this has been discussed with recruits. Conference changes are things that are not happening until they happening.

I think it is time to accept that LHN was a failed experiment. We need to prioritize being part of a quality conference over retaining the LHN. Back in 2011 LHN was Dodds baby, so he wasn’t willing to give it up, I think that the existing administration would look at any move holistically, and that would mean not viewing LHN as a sacred cow.

• HornsRollin says:

LHN network keeps us from having to pay for pay-per-view to watch us play Kansas and Rice

• Turftoe says:

A conference network would do the same.

• HornsRollin says:

But at the time and currently there is no conference network. Why should we the top brand in the Big12 sit around and wait on the likes of Baylor, Kansas, ISU?

• Turftoe says:

Put simply – if we don’t agree to a conference network OU will eventually leave for the SEC. They don’t want that but they don’t see the status quo as sustainable.

LHN does not have a future in any realistic scenario, either we have to create a Big 12 network and stay in the Big 12, or will have to join a conference with an existing network (don’t assume the ACC would allow us our own network – they won’t).

• HornsRollin says:

Oklahoma tried to bail once before to the Pac12 and they said no thank you, unless your bringing Texas with you! Not that this will happen again but remember OU is the 2nd man on the pole here just as Tamu was!
            OU will have to convince a bunch of teams in the Big12 to side with them however if those school must choose between UT and OU, they will pick UT as the likes of TCU, Baylor, ISU, Kansas, Kansas State, and possible TT and OSU getting into another Power 5 conference is a joke!

• Turftoe says:

OU’s leverage is the threat of leaving to the SEC, not getting the other schools in the B12 to side with them.

I think that OU to the SEC is a legitimate threat, and one we should be concerned with.

• HornsRollin says:

SEC is not going to take OU alone! OU needs the other schools on their side if they want a BIG12 network.

• Turftoe says:

I have to disagree, and think the SEC would take OU. Sure they may through in someone else for balance (which would not be hard to find – OSU/Tech), but I don’t think the SEC would make UT a requirement in the same way the PAC did.

OU will have other schools on their side in requesting a conference network (why wouldn’t they). However, the other schools have zero leverage with UT, and all they can do is ask nicely. OU is the only one with leverage, and we would be foolish to ignore it.

• colt1317 says:

How does that leverage work in regards to LHN? I mean they say create a conference network or we walk? I mean whether they create a Big 12 network or leave then that means either way Texas is giving up the LHN unless they go independent. So it all boils down to does Texas really want to stay in the Big 12 where the revenue sharing is slanted hugely in their favor (if they don’t renegotiate that which I don’t see because it benefits OU too), but give up the LHN, go to another conference with no LHN and equal revenue sharing, but a stronger conference could help boost recruiting and national footprint (even though already have largest national fan base), or go independent with their own network. It just doesn’t seem like it’s as much leverage as people make it out to be. “We are the Jones’s”

• OhLonghorn says:

If ESPN were truly smart, they would allow people to buy subscriptions to LHN and allow them to stream it. In this day and age of unbundling and people dropping cable, (5 years ago for us), it would make sense to allow as many people to purchase directly. If trends continue and people keep dropping cable/satellite, a stand alone may make the most economic sense.

• colt1317 says:

That is actually a good idea. I live in Nebraska so I had to wait until Directv added LHN this past year, and then it’s like 14 bucks a month to add to my subscription. Before that I had to use my family’s logins that live in Texas to stream LHN. I’m still shocked that more channels, especially ESPN, aren’t going like HBO did with stand alone subscriptions.

• Spoetzl says:

Current litigation by ESPN against Verizon will go a long way to determining whether that becomes a reality any time soon. ESPN currently makes waaaaay too much money to put out their offerings a la carte. It’s coming… The question is whether it’ll be sooner rather than later.

• colt1317 says:

I’ve heard it the other way in terms of ESPN revenue in that they are overstretched in commitments that aren’t returning investment, and viewership is down due to people getting rid of traditional cable/satellite which is why now watch ESPN is providing more free programming whereas in the past you had to be a subscriber of a cable/satellite company. I could be way off on this as I haven’t researched it much, nor am I an economist.

• Spoetzl says:

You’re right in that it’s what they’re preparing for in the future. They basically overspent in order to corner the market — and did so fairly successfully — but failed to be forward looking. While the issues are related, the lawsuit is more of an attempt to preserve the revenue stream they currently have. You’re right about the trends and they will have to adjust eventually, though grudgingly. They lawsuit will play a big part in when. They’re already scaling back a lot of buys in order to prepare for having to actually compete in the marketplace again.

• Turftoe says:

That’s pretty much exactly how it works, however, I think you over-value the alternatives.

Lets say OU does jump ship:

a) We can then stay in the Big 12 and keep the network – this is not a good outcome as a crap conference just got even worse.

b) We can move to another conference and give up the Network – so now we don’t have the network anyway, and don’t play (or at least are not in the same conference) of either of our two rivals.

c) We can go independent – I just don’t see that happening, or being preferable because you are taking a huge gamble on being able to schedule/get into the playoff.

We need to treat OU as partners, and either strengthen the Big 12 (which I personally don’t want, but accept that opinion is based on my preferences), or move together. OU will not be our partner while we have a network and they do not.

• colt1317 says:

We don’t necessarily lose both of our rivals by joining a new conference if that conference is the SEC. Now if we go Pac and OU goes B1G then, yes, that’s the case. However, we’ve only been in the same conference as OU for a very short amount of time, and A&M wanted to run away with their tails tucked. I could see USC being a good replacement as a rival. They only have the one true rivalry with UCLA, and that really opens up Cali for recruiting, and not just football, but California and Arizona have very fertile grounds for recruiting baseball too.

• HornsRollin says:

The simple fact of the “other” schools being hung out to dry if the Big12 dissolves is enough to keep them from joining OU in threating UT. Remember there is no guarantee the “other” schools get picked up by a Power 5 Conference.

• colt1317 says:

I’ve got to say that I think if OU bolts it’s likely to the Big 10, and not the SEC, and probably take KU with them for basketball purposes.

• Turftoe says:

I imagine, like the Pac 12, the Big10 is only an option for OU alongside Texas. But who really knows?

You may, however, find that the PAC/B1G are willing to gamble that if they take OU Texas will follow.

• colt1317 says:

If OU goes to the Pac I could see Texas following them. I don’t see Texas ever going to the BIG. The only possible landing spots I can see for Texas are SEC, PAC, or Independent. I think BIG is most likely for OU if they leave simply because of region, and they can get reignite their rivalry with NU while going back to a non-conf with Texas before the Big 12. Obviously money plays a big factor in everything, but that’s how I see it playing out. Most likely if Big 12 broke up OU goes to BIG with KU, and Texas goes to SEC with most likely TTU. That’s just how the money breaks up best. People would be surprised KU is a big draw for big conferences, but they pull a ton of weight for basketball, and the BIG is definitely much more a basketball conference than SEC which is why OU would take KU to the BIG with them.

• OhLonghorn says:

Conference realignment is all about the Benjamins, and Okie doesn’t have enough of them for any conference to want to split their pot with Okie. B1G took Maryland and Rutgers because it brought in the DC and Ny/NJ metro markets for their network. SEC took Aggy and Missou for the ability to get into Texas and the St Louis market.

What do any of the Big 12 schools bring as far as market share? Texas already has a presence in all of the State of Texas. So what good would come of a Big12 Network? How many tv sets are ISU, Kansas, KSU, OSU, TT, Baylor and TCU bringing with them? Dodds may have been an asshole said “We are the Jones’!” But as far as marketability, he was absolutely right.

Any conference would drool to get UT into their conference. But UT would have to take a pay cut to move and give up LHN. A side note, the recruits sure did seem to enjoy touring the LHN set and NOBODY can match that.

• colt1317 says:

That’s why I think independent is a very realistic option. If ND can make it work from Indiana with no recruiting hot bed, then UT certainly can with the most fertile recruiting area in the country, and the largest fan base in the country.

• Spoetzl says:

I prefer independent over jumping to a different conference as well. It just makes sense for Texas — we could always join any conference we want later.

I’ve also been considering a system in which essentially every team has its own “conference”. IMO, with all the changes in the college football (and world) landscape over the past 50 years, the current centralized and bureaucratic conference system is antiquated. It would take 10,000+ words for me to explain the idea, so this is probably not the proper forum. Maybe elsewhere… after it percolates a little more…

• Super Bill Palestine says:

Notre Dame has a huge Chicago base. Moreover, it truly is a national recruiter par exsolance.

• Turftoe says:

Maybe, which is why we should take OU’s threat of leaving without us seriously.

Texas needs to stick with OU – I can’t see how it is in our interest to be in a different conference to our two biggest rivals.

• Backtothetop-UT says:

The only time I’ve been jealous of A&M is when I found out they were going to SEC. Honestly id love to play in the SEC, they say its the best conference and so why would you not want to play against the best?

You sound like ESPN

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Well ive always been the kind of person that wants to face the best. I don’t want any “well if you were going against such and such” blah blah blah. The SEC is known to have the most teams that can reasonably win a NC year in and year out so id want to face the best. That’s all

• RalphEmerson says:

This is, year in and year out, proven untrue. They have a team or two at the top that can play, but they are involved in a circle of overranking. Seriously, outside of Bama, and sometimes LSU, who can win a NC from that conference? Ole Miss, maybe. Miss St? No. A&M? Not close. And god help anyone in the East…

Honestly, if you look at top to bottom skill, the Pac 12 has to be viewed as the best, followed by the Big 12 and Big 10, in any order.

• Backtothetop-UT says:

So at least 2 teams and then another 2 rotating, still sounds pretty good to me. Miss St wasn’t too bad past two years. Florida hasn’t done good lately championship wise but they aren’t anyone’s easy win year in and year out. Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn. Those teams haven’t done good lately but they aren’t slouches. Other than recently, those 3 teams as a whole for their history have been better football teams than Baylor, TTU. As a whole yes I think they beat us and have more quality teams

• RalphEmerson says:

I don’t see where you think I said “at least two teams”. I don’t think LSU can get to the NC. I think they are the closest, outside of Bama. And I don’t think Ole Miss can either. Right now, I’d take OU, UT, Baylor, TCU, and WVU over Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, MSST, and ___.

They aren’t the best. outside of Bama, they are decidedly average. But because they start the year with 5-6 ranked teams, they end the year looking great, despite not achieving much outside of beating up on each other.

You nailed it Ralphie!

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Youre correct in the ranking, they always have more higher ranked but id put LSU there. They were undefeated this year until they lost to Bama or someone?? I cant recall right now but they weren’t a bad team. Baylor has done a great job turning their program around and TCU even before they came to us was good but im saying overall. I just think TTU, Iowa St, Kansas. Those aren’t better teams then the Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee. My main point I guess is their weaker teams beat our weaker teams

• RalphEmerson says:

LSU lost three games–to Bama, Arky, and MSST. TCU and Baylor had fewer losses.

If you’re counting, that’s 3 BIG 12 teams better than the second best team in the SEC.

• Heisenhorn says:

And in their out of conference they played the powerhouses of Mcneese St, Syracuse, Eastern Michigan, and Western Kentucky…
            SEC teams know how to manipulate the system, inflate their records and then beat each other without consequence because the conference is put on a pedestal before the season starts/in the non-conference

• SacredGeometer says:

I don’t think the bias that overinflated preseason ranking causes can be overstated. A victory against such a team, especially early in the season, can have a massive impact to the victor’s ranking that can take a long time to average out. Throw in the added benefit of several such matchups, combined with a creampuff OOC schedule that gives the casual fan no external factors to aid in assessment, and you have… well, the SEC.

That said, they are becoming what they’ve only appeared to be. The conference’s recruiting power is getting insane, and that pays dividends on the field, even if the coaching isn’t superb (aside from the Crabby Gnome of Tuscaloosa, I think the B12 coaches circles around the SEC).

• Heisenhorn says:

If all the teams beat each other in the SEC then they ALL must be great! (sarcastic font)
            Turn off the ESPN propaganda my friend

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Im in no way doing this espn propaganda yall are saying lol As a whole the SEC has better teams than us in both conferences history. Id love to do what the basketball teams just did, Big12 vs SEC. IMO the SEC has in the History of both conferences had the most amount of better football teams. That’s all im saying, im not bowing down to them or nothing but seriously, TTU, Iowa St, Kansas. Not really football schools as of late. Yes Kansas has had some good years, TTU even as well but overall SEC has better teams. Ill just rest that is my opinion, doesn’t mean its right but I think each year our conf would be beat by their conf as a whole

• RalphEmerson says:

If you dislike TTU, Iowa State, and Kansas so much, what do you think about Vanderbilt, Arky, or Kentucky? They have bottom feeders, just like every conference. And their middle isn’t as strong. They just have a better top (Bama).

Amen!!!!!!

PREACH

• Backtothetop-UT says:

That’s true, I guess id like to see those teams play each other to see how it played out

• Heisenhorn says:

Vandy, Kentucky, Miss St was bad for a long time. Auburn won with Cam and then what?

• MissingBarry says:

“Im in no way doing this espn propaganda yall are saying”

The reason people are saying this to you is because every single year, without fail, ESPN calls the SEC the best conference. Most years, if you look at an objective ranking of conferences based on performance, they are not the #1 conference. The propaganda is out there, and your opinion matches it, so it’s natural to accuse you of falling for it.

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Right right, I totally agree with that ESPN pumps them up. Like I said below, their weaker teams are better than our weaker teams so as a whole they beat us.

• RalphEmerson says:

Why do you think that? What makes you think their weaker teams are better than our? That’s just not something you can honestly say with the evidence at hand.

• Spoetzl says:

Look at the actual conference rankings — not the pundits’ claims — and you’ll see a very different conference rankings picture.

• Backtothetop-UT says:

I will when I get home ill do some researching

• Spoetzl says:

If you go to the old BCS page, you should still be able to find links to all the different computer rankings that were included in that formula (though the BCS left out quite a few more accurate ones because they included margin of victory). Not all include conference rank*, but most do (*watch out for some using divisions within a conference as an actual “conference”). It takes some digging and time, but very enlightening!

• Turftoe says:

For A&M the SEC move looks like it has been a massive success, though I think more time is needed to evaluate. The problem is that their SEC move coincided with our decline, and Johnny Football. It is unclear where A&M would have been if they had stayed, but they may have enjoyed a historic period of success even if they had stayed.

Either way, A&M are not currently little brother. The litmus test will be when Texas returns to the elite, whether they can continue to recruit at a high level, and turn that into on-field success. My guess is they will be able to.

• HornsRollin says:

Even with the success they have had in there move to the SEC they are still middle of the pack in the west division alone just as they were in the south division of the BIG12

• RalphEmerson says:

One double digit win season does not “historic period of success” make. Finishing 3-5 in your division isn’t historic either.

A&M’s move to the SEC helped them get some money, and JFF helped get them a year or two of fame. That’s quickly falling to the wayside, and they are left with a subpar recruiting class that isn’t likely to get much better, and a rebuilding program that will likely result in the culling of their coaching staff.

• Turftoe says:

The point was they may have had that success if they had stayed. They would have had a good shot at back to back conference titles. Instead, they decided to cosy up to Bama and LSU, exactly at the point their existing conference super powers were having down years. From that perspective, they may have missed out on a real opportunity.

• John_Behr says:

I don ‘t agree that it has been a massive success. for aTm. They opened the door for the SEC into Texas, and we are seeing some of the top in state talent leaving for these schools. It was definitely a huge success for the SEC, but aTm is not gaining the recruiting benefit needed for them to compete in the SEC West. Texas is recruiting on par if not better than aTm after back to back losing seasons and once they start winning Texas will get theirs, the SEC west will get theirs and I think it gets tougher and tougher for aTm to compete. Recruits will have the option to go to an SEC school, go to Texas, OU, Baylor or TCU and compete for Big XII championships or go to aTm and be middle of the pack SEC west.

• colt1317 says:

A&M has not capitalized on the SEC move. They had some success their first year partly because of Manziel, and partly because they were a surprise to many schools. Their recruiting class their first after Manziel was their best, and they’ve continued to get worse every year. They opened Texas recruiting wide open to the rest of the SEC, but have not made inroads expanding their recruiting footprint in the rest of the SEC recruiting territory.

I don’t know why it matters what conference UT is in, and I’d prefer to never be associated with the SEC. I can’t stand people rooting for a conference. That means Auburn roots for Alabama when they aren’t playing each other. Probably why the SEC doesn’t have truly great rivalries. I mean have any of you ever rooted A&M or OU? I never root for anyone but Texas. I hope A&M and OU lose every game every year. The only team I care about is Texas which is why I bet on all the other games so I can have a reason to watch those games. What conference Texas is in doesn’t matter. They carry enough prestige to get votes in polls, and to get recruits. They just went 6-7 and 5-7, and haven’t won 10 games since 2009, and yet we are talking about a top 15 or top 10 class, and they are still in the Big 12. Texas could do independent better than ND does it. It doesn’t matter what happens to the Big 12 because Texas will survive and thrive. The schools it does matter to are KState, KU, ISU, Baylor, TCU. What are they going to do if the Big 12 dissolves? Conference debates, and what’s going to happen with Texas doesn’t matter because Texas will always be the flagship of the state, and will always thrive. A down period here and there, but they always come back strong.

• Spoetzl says:

You believe what Aggies say?

• Backtothetop-UT says:

I wasn’t referring to the aggies when I said “They”. Ive been tainted I guess you could say bc of how the SEC is hyped but when I get home ill look at some stuff and be able to show why I think so or have had the illusion as to why. Again, I just think they have more teams in the hunt for a NC than we do year in and year out

• Spoetzl says:

They are top-heavy. That is an accurate assessment. When discussing conferences though, it has to include all the teams. Check it out and see what you think… As an aside, also keep in mind the old axiom: “Expectations are self-fulfilling prophecies”.

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Ok yes i think Top Heavy would describe it the best. Ok so i did some quick research and i did it the cram way lol. All i did was go to the BCS since 2000 and i notated which teams were in the Top 10, and which were in the Top 15. Ive put the year they were in the top 10 and in the top 15 with their ranking. This is just a quick thing but it does look like its pretty even with the SEC having 38 top ten teams and the Big12 having 32. SEC with 15 Top 15 and the BIG 12 with 18 top 15 for a total of 53 top 15 teams for the SEC and 50 for the BIG 12. This is just the quickest way i could do it w/o spending all afternoon on it. I think what i can see from it is that they have 4 teams that are there pretty consistently- LSU, Florida, Georgia & Alabama with Auburn having 4 top 10 finishes. We really have about 4-5 as well with Oklahoma, OK ST, TCU & Texas. Kansas has been there too some as well. Now TCU & West Virginia are new to our conference. My take on this is as a overall we are about the same so i was wrong in that view but i think as Spoetzel alluded too, they are more top heavy than us.

SEC Teams Total top 10-38 Top 15-15 Total-53

*Texas A&M-2012

South Carolina-2001 #14, 2011, 2012, 2013

Kentucky-

LSU-2001 #13 2003, 2004 #11, 2005 #12, 2006, 2007, 2009 #12, 2010 #11, 2011, 2012

Florida-2000, 2001, 2003 #15, 2006, 2007 #12, 2008, 2009, 2012

Georgia-2002, 2003 #12 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 #15, 2012, 2014 #13

Vanderbilt-

Arkansas-2010, 2011

Ole Miss-

Tennessee-2001, 2003, 2004 #15

Auburn -2004, 2006, 2010, 2013

Alabama-2005 #13, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Mississippi State-2014, 2015 #12

*Missouri-2007, 2010 #12, 2013

BIGXII Total top 10-32 Top 15-18 Total-50

Oklahoma-2000, 2001 #11 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 #14, 2012 #11, 2013 #11, 2015

Oklahoma State-2008 #13, 2010 #14, 2011, 2013 #13

* TCU- 2000 #14, 2005 #14, 2008 #11, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015 #11

Baylor-2011 #12, 2013, 2014

*West Virginia-2002 #15 2004 #11, 2006 #13, 2007

Texas Tech-2005 #15, 2008

Texas- 2000 #12 2001 #7 2002 #10 2003 #6 2004 #4 2005 #2, 2009

Kansas State-2000, 2002, 2011, 2012, 2014 #11

*Colorado-2001, 2002

Iowa State-

Kansas-2007

*Nebraska-2000, 2001

Sorry for long post but i did want to look at some numbers and my perspective has been right in that they have more teams usually in the hunt more than we do but as a whole we are about the same. Now drafted players i didnt look at and im pretty hungry so wont right now but i think i saw that theyve been getting us lately

• Spoetzl says:

Hate to ask after such good research, but… 😉

Does that include the human polls or just the computer rankings? My premise and research was slightly different and only included the computer rankings of the conferences as a whole (since the whole “SEC is the best” thing is what all the lesser schools like A&M and Ark tout). From what I found, the schism was pretty stark — the SEC was actually the third-ranked conference most years (sometimes 4th, sometimes 2nd, and the top conference once) and averaged out the same over approximately the past decade. Big XII was at the top, I think I recall the PAC was 2nd, then Big 10 and SEC were neck-and-neck (may have PAC/Big10 reversed).

Either way, nicely done.

• Spoetzl says:

Also, to add to the conference focus, keep in mind that when the SEC and Big XII both have (for example) four ranked teams, that’s not the conferences as equal. We have fewer teams, which means a higher percentage of quality teams and opponents.

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Well this is since 2000 so the ones with the asterisks are teams that have either joined the conference or left so not sure but it seems even with the conferences, right? Since the SEC has 14 teams but between 2000 and now some have joined A&M, Missouri, that were once BIG 12 teams and some have left, Nebraska, Colorado and weve gained 2 TCU, West Virginia so i guess it evens out in the end…

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Uhh not sure, i think it was the ending ranking each year but i could be wrong

• Backtothetop-UT says:

It was a cram type of research lol but i just really wanted to see how many teams they had that were consistently in it and how many we had. It is pretty even i must say. Plus man i didnt know Oklahoma was literally always there pretty much and well we have been too except for lately

• Super Bill Palestine says:

It is – with the exception of Vanderbilt, Georgia and Florida – an academic backwater. A&M and Missouri helped the SEC. We are way better than that. It is first and foremost about academics, after all.

• Regular Guy says:

The SEC has some of the best football programs but the gap isn’t as wide as they’d have you believe. This is one of the few times that Bob Stoops and I are on the same page.

• Rene De Los Santos says:

We have a bigger piece of the pie by being our own network. Alabama and the rest of the SEC have to divide their profits. We are a flagship. We get year round programming. This would be a Bad Business move. The Only way OUSUCKS could join the Pac10 was if we went with them-per the ESPN article. Why should we cower? Is it Hubris? Not really if you have a scoreboard and bank account to prove it.

• Turftoe says:

Profit should not be a measure of success for a university athletic department.

On-field success, entertaining games, fan/alumni engagement, and helping kids achieve their goals.

Money will help us achieve all that, but don’t confuse it as the end goal.

well said

• Regular Guy says:

Don’t kid yourself. Major college athletics is a business, and is about revenue.

• Turftoe says:

To what end? What do we want to do with the revenue?

• Rene De Los Santos says:

Fund all the other programs because of Title iX. Help Students achieve their goals by giving Scholarships both athletically and Academically. Fund building projects. Shine a bigger spotlight on the Program and expand the Brand. Scholarships and Salaries are paid for with gum.

• Turftoe says:

Exactly – the goal is not revenue. The goals are to do the things we want to do. Whatever you think the ultimate goals are, revenue is just a means to that end. And in the case of conference alignment (which LHN is very much part of). The things we want to do may not (it also may) align to the optimum revenue.

If you state that revenue is going to be your goal, then you may miss on the things that you are actually trying to achieve.

• Rene De Los Santos says:

It is actually both as evident with Steve Patterson and his tenure with Texas also with Deloss Dodds handling with the Longhorn Network. School are going to work on the assumption that their programs are sustainable if they manage to make a profit or break even ie UAB: in addition to their programs being wanted by the campus as in the case of the University of Chicago. Programs are defined and sustained by their Academic institutions needs.

• Regular Guy says:

It’s all about keeping up with the Joneses. Schools try to leapfrog each other…. bigger stadium, nicer facilities, better uniforms, etc., in an attempt to attract the best players. Some programs (like UT) actually take some of their endorsement/ticket/merchandise revenue and donate back to the academic programs.

• Spoetzl says:

We probably are one of the top schools when it comes to how much goes back into the education side. Isn’t giving back to the academic programs required by state law for all public universities in Texas?

• Regular Guy says:

Not sure if it’s required or just customary. I think the most recent contribution was around 9 mil at UT.

• jvj1128 says:

I believe that Texas and Oklahoma may end up in different conferences if the Big XII does end up dissolving. Unless the Big XII expands back to 12 teams, and has a conference championship game, they will probably dissolve with Texas most likely heading to the ACC where the LHN can be incorporated into an ACC Network.

• MissingBarry says:

“We need to prioritize being part of a quality conference over retaining the LHN.”

Why? What is Texas losing, exactly?

I actually think the exact opposite, LHN has huge potential and they need to do a better job of maximizing that.

• Regular Guy says:

I agree. The whole LHN is a failure meme is just a canard. It was used as a sour grapes excuse by others to leave the conference.

• Andrew King says:

I don’t think it makes that big of an impact to recruits right now

• N7 Zebracakes says:

I’ll just be getting off work for the Daniels decision. MBIR for Wednesday

• OhLonghorn says:

This is way off tangent to recruiting, but how much of a hot seat is Briles on for having two, repeat, two convicted rapists on his team. The worst part was keeping them on the roster after being informed of their infractions. All I do know, I will never allow my daughter to attend Baylor.

• Bill says:

As Signing Day nears here are a couple of recruiting articles you may find of interest.

Eight of the most famous flips in National Signing Day history … nothing specific to Texas but lot of SEC drama for some reason. There’s also mention of a certain famous Trans-Am that may or may not have been used to lure a recruit 🙂

The Issue with Recruiting Commitments and how we can fix it … discussion of the problems with recruits flipping and with coaches over-promising, featuring the usual suspects (Harbaugh and Saban). The “solution” doesn’t really make sense to me (let ’em sign anytime) but it’s an interesting recruiting article.

Bonus: there’s an Andrew King tweet featured in the article!

• Jake says:

Although Mark Jackson has by all accounts committed to OU- He was at his high school today wearing OU gear, met with Kyler Murray, and according to Luicci made the commit to Stoops while on campus- Taylor Hamm is saying that his high school coaches are making a push for atm. I don’t know why, but that is what he is saying. Interesting. I hope he goes to OU mostly just because the Big 12 is horrible and needs all the good players it can get. I saw that a grad assistant had said that Jackson was on the top of Texas’ board. Tough loss, but hopefully Fowler can mitigate it.

• Andrew King says:

Like I’ve said, Jackson has loved OU for so long. If they were closer to San Antonio, he probably would have never committed to TAMU.

Also, I’ve said if Texas can grab one of M. Jackson/Fowler that would be a slam dunk. Things seem to be heating up with Fowler…

• Kelly Gurbcock says:

Sooner fan here, I agree Jake. the big dogs in the conference need to start rolling again, that means we need you guys to succeed as well and it all starts at home keeping kids out of the $ec.

• FG says:

No suprise. Mark Jackson goes for OU.

• Rick Villa says:

He was a long shot from the get go, his OV raised all our hopes.
      OU was first to offer Jackson during his sophomore season, a&m made a good run just like us but seems his sights were set 2 years ago by the early offer.

• Andrew King says:

Yep. Really nice get for the Sooners and a tough blow for this Aggies this close to NSD.

• OhLonghorn says:

It’ll suck having to face him, but any time aggy loses is a good day!

• Jose Antonio Calderón Naranjo says:

OU pass rush will be their force with Mark Jackson y Caleb Kelly. Williams and Delance must be prepared

• JGerb says:

Aggie Boards here I come…. Gonna be a good time.

• OneHolyFool says:

Mark Jackson Jr.commits to OU … Fallout: Michael Jenkins and Billy Liucci at war! Pretty Hilarious!

• Adrian Brown says:

Here on out, it’s all about Texas! Good luck Mr. Jackson, but you are now yesterday’s news.
    #believe

• colt1317 says:

I’m so happy this site exists, and seems to be the voice of sanity in the otherwise dreadful world of college football fan sites. We lose someone or don’t get someone, and everyone says “wish him luck”, and “you have to go where you want to be”, etc. Read other boards, and no I’m not going to call out certain fan bases because it doesn’t need to be said, and they start calling a 17/18 year old kid that they wanted desperately a few hours ago a pos, and not good enough for their program, and too undersized to compete in their conference. Just pathetic. Thank you TFB for being here.

• Andrew King says:

Thanks for reading colt. I never want to see people on this site bash recruits for their college decision. It’s the biggest decision they’ve made so far in their life and they’re doing what they feel is best for them and their future. Gotta respect that.

• Tom Selleck's Moustache says:

Undersized? Surely you aren’t referring to Billy Liucci’s remarks about Mark Jackson….anyways I did literally 2 minutes of research and found Marquis Haynes from Ole Miss’ is the exact same size as Jackson is now and had 7 sacks in SEC play last year.

I just hope our fan base stays above that stuff. One recruit will not make or break a college program.

• colt1317 says:

That’s some good research. I’m pretty sure he was sold on the Striker role. He made a big name for himself being a pass rushing OLB, and with 3-4 being a popular defense in the NFL, both Carolina and Denver use it, it makes sense for him to prefer that roled to a traditional DE at A&M. I just can’t believe the Red McCombs hand shake didn’t work.

• The Dozens says:

Did you all see the recent interview with Reggie Hemphill?

Pretty much spells out that Jordan Elliott is on board, but that Stephon Taylor is still weighing his options.

That said, I remember reading–I’m not sure if it was here or elsewhere (perhaps that Longhorn Frenzy person who posts snipped of paywalled stuff–that S. Taylor was pretty much on board but wanted to make some suspense by making FSU appear to be a real contender. Not sure if there’s any truth to that or if any of that has changed, but I guess we will find out on Wednesday.

• Heisenhorn says:

AK how confident should we be about B Jones to Texas? Is it a coin flip right now in your opinion?

• BD says:

Would you say Texas still leads at this time ak?

• colt1317 says:

Things are definitely looking up. Thanks to winter storm Kayla, I get to be home for the greatness that will be NSD.

• T. Fonzy says:

B. Jones seems to retweet a lot more a&m support over the other two. Makes me feel uncomfortable.?

• Andrew King says:

Twitter means nothing in recruiting. I don’t know how many times I have to say this to everyone who is freaking out based off retweets and stuff.

• Canadiantx69 says:

Andrew, you’re going to have continue doing that until you’re blue in the face, and even then it won’t be enough, unfortunately. People give the kids crap for using Twitter and stuff, but grown men are hanging on their every tweet and trying to figure out what they’re saying. Can’t stop crazy, lol.

• ChickfilATX says:

Are we thinking anyone of interest will announce tonight or tomorrow? Sorry if you’ve already answered!

So im hating the new B. Jones info. Just feels like we are losing him 🙁

• colt1317 says:

NO WE’RE NOT!! Too late in the game to start being negative. Stay off the Aggy boards. They think they’re getting everyone they’ve ever offered.

• Turftoe says:

If Texas don’t land Brandon Jones or Patrick Hudson, the class will likely be ranked ~10-15 and we would not have picked up a single of the top 10 in Texas from 247’s composite. Should we be happy with the class if that happens?

• Tyler E says:

Id still be happy with a 10-15 class. Charlie has a way of finding the guys no one else does. Connor Williams for instance, you would have thought we grabbed the #1 or 2 ranked OT in the state based off performance. No doubt Charlie got himself a guy or two like that in this class.

• HornsRollin says:

I think we are going to fine regardless if we get B.Jones or Hudson! We got great looking safeties last year and a stacked OL this year! We got this!

• HornsRollin says:

These damn ratings are overrated anyway! Just like Tyler E said look at Williams! You could argue he was the best OT in the state last year and he played TE in high school! That’s why these analyst are just that and not coaches!

• HenryB says:

Agree. Makes one wonder upon what do they base their “analysis”? How do they arrive at a “rating” that means nothing to CS?

• Spoetzl says:

We could still end up ranked higher than that even without those two guys, but I’d be happy with anywhere above #15. IMO several of the guys we’re targeting or already have committed are really undervalued (Shack, Fitz, etc.). If we finish in the Top #15, it means we got almost everyone else on our board.

The other key is that even with Hudson, we have a pretty nice OL haul. If we don’t get Brandon, we’ve still got some pretty solid safety options. Our other needs, QB and DT, should be taken care of very nicely. Basically, you put this class together with last year’s class and you have an entire solid football team that’s nearly two-deep.

I think we’ve got Jones (don’t think we’ll get Hudson). Either way, Longhorns are gonna have a fun NSD.

• IdaHorn52 says:

After 2 losing seasons…Hell yeah, I’d be happy!

• MissingBarry says:

I think we can do better than classes ranked outside the top 10, so I won’t be jumping for joy by the ranking….but rankings don’t win games, that’s good enough and we still seemed to get enough guys high on our list that I’ll wait until they get on the field before truly judging them. Feel the same about last years class – with some of the guys not making it, the ranking wasn’t really quite where I wanted it to be, but you know what? They came out and showed a ton of talent so who cares where they were ranked?

• OneHolyFool says:

Aggies are on full meltdown mode after the Ian Thomas news!

Love it!!!!

• jhopkins81 says:

Amazing

• colt1317 says:

First they got word they were losing everyone, and Texas was getting everyone, then all this past week the opposite, and over the last couple of hours of losing jackson, and not being able to flip aa 3* te from IU, the sky is falling again. Now they think Pennamon, Q. Davis, and Daniels, who they all thought were theirs are going elsewhere including Daniels to us. Again, for whatever reason they seem to have the attitude that everyone they offer will pick A&M, and if they don’t it’s simply that the kid is a stupid pos. I get sick reading their boards, but it’s like a car crash, and I can’t look away. Mostly it makes me feel really sad that these are the people representing my Aggy wife.

• OneHolyFool says:

And then ND 247 has CB’d Hansford to UCLA. Hahaha! I guess UT boosters gave him money as well 🙂

• colt1317 says:

That’s my favorite! We’ve paid these guys, and Red has done “handshakes” with them (as if he were going to provide funds he’d actually be the one to physically do it), and yet we are somehow neck and neck. Gave Jones a 60k car, and they think they are getting him. They love throwing major unsubstantiated acausation around to cover their inferiority. It’s everyone else that’s the problem. Not them. Oh, and Red McCombs was present when Mark Jackson visited the Red McCombs school of business to give him a handshake. Well that didn’t work out too well. My head’s about to explode. That doesn’t even touch on all of the ridiculous amounts of racist and sexiest things they say.

• Bill says:

I’m guessing you and your Aggy wife don’t discuss recruiting much around the dinner table this time of year, am I right?

• colt1317 says:

We do not talk college sports with each other, and we never spent a Thanksgiving together until A&M ran away.

• DC says:

Do you think there’s anything to his statement that “It’s a Texas thing” and the fact he’s facing the Texas logo with his back to Baylor and ATM are a clue?

• DC says:

Also, weird thing on the image on inspection is it seems to be tied somehow tied to Mike Roach at HornSports.

• Jake says:

what?

• Whitty96 says:

I am sure a lot of recruits imbed clues within code. I see “top” and “left” in the code. I guess that means the Baylor logo.

• Whitty96 says:

Oh wait. Is it me or is his right thumb kind of up like a gig em. Oh man it’s not looking good. Or is he throwing us off. You can’t over analyze this stuff can you?

• DC says:

So, what we’re saying is based on the “top, left” clue, the gig ’em on his right hand and him facing the Texas logo means we’re back at square one?

• Space City Horn says:

Hmmmmmm. Can’t wait to see where he chooses. I know UT is on the outside looking in, but something tells me he believes…

• Adrian Brown says:

Well, it is an orange question mark…

• HornsRollin says:

Well actually the question mark is white! The circle is orange but either way it’s burnt orange an white!!!

• Space City Horn says:

Haha, I see you also suffer from Twitter psychosis as well. I am just very intrigued with the process that Hudson has taken to get this point. He was a Baylol commit for so long, then out of the blue, he put out a list of 5 schools he MIGHT take an OV at. Shortly after, he took an extended mid week OV to UT, which surprised many considering he never missed a day of school prior to the visit. A few days later he cancels all future OV, and publicly displays that UT is pulling at his heart strings (see his “reflecting on things” posts). I think he has begun to realize that their is no contest when comparing the love, passion, and support that exists when comparing UT vs Baylor. He seems to have a tremendous amount of respect for Charlie, and might not want to miss out on something truly special. Only 38 more hours till we know for sure…but whose counting 🙂

• bracketboy says:

Yes I agree I think he does see a real opportunity to get in on something special…I also would not want to play against our future d.line…and I assume he knows a general idea of who that will be 🙂

• Space City Horn says:

No doubt. We also have a O-Line group full of studs, so I don’t blame him if he Wants in. Either way, adding Hudson is a luxury rather than a necessity. I would love for him to be a longhorn, but I won’t lose any sleep if he ends up sticking with Baylor.

• C_Alan_C says:

rec’d for Baylol. Lol.

• colt1317 says:

Well it is orange (sarcastic font)

• Doctor_Fresh says:

We’ll just have to find out in 38 hours!

• bracketboy says:

lol or is he trolling us by making it orange and white? See if he has written something into the image code

• Space City Horn says:

That is definitely a possibility. Out of curiosity (and complete delusion thanks to the dead period), I decided to see what pops up when you check the google images for “question mark”. I wonder why he skipped all those nice black and white options, and even a green yellow one, in lieu of the orange and white one…. I’m not jumping to conclusions, but it’s either a sign or hardcore trolling, no doubt about it 🙂

• Space City Horn says:

I forgot to add the image in the post above, and it won’t let me add it when editing

• FG says:

Oh man, you are crazy. I think he just chose a cute one, haha

• Space City Horn says:

Haha I was just messing around. Wanted to rile up the masses. I really was curious to see how hard it would be to find the one he chose though. I can’t wait for recruiting go be over!

• bracketboy says:

man thats funny…theres a Michigan one, Oklahoma, Houston, and several Raiders themed ones also in from of the Burnt Orange choice. Should we be worried. Red needs to call google

• Tom Selleck's Moustache says:

I really don’t think he’s the type to troll. Either way, he gave us an honest chance/look. That’s all we can ask for. Hopefully the coaches did the rest!

• bracketboy says:

I don’t think he would either…haha man this stuff is just nuts. Cannot take twitter to seriously for sure…I have really enjoyed following twitter more and more the past two months of this recruiting class but def all in fun and taken with a grain of salt. I did not follow nearly as much last cycle but I really appreciate how quickly I can gather info and form my own opinion.

• Bill says:

If he was praying for an answer then you gotta figure the Baptists have the inside track 🙂

• Space City Horn says:

We shall see. Considering he has been committed since July, he must really be struggling to find the answer if it requires divine intervention 🙂

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Any chance he announces before NSD

• AKDallas says:

The f*ing announcers in the Texas/Baylor BB ball game talking shit about Texas being #5 in the state on recruiting. I hope we shut them the hell up in couple of days.

• bracketboy says:

Brent Mussburger giving recruiting comments during the Horns game…giving us s*** for being 5th in the state and even Houston is beating us at crootin! I can’t wait for NSD…Horns beating Baylor at half looking good

• Jamaal Hood says:

Somebody take the microphone from Mussburger. He just suggested that the NBA teams should consider giving Shaka Smart a call. Give that man another year at least lol

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Tx over Baylor on Monday, Can we do it again on Wednesday??!!!

• Hooked Em says:

Hook’em

• Tyler E says:

Shaka coaching the hell out of these kids.. another solid win!

Hook ’em!

• Bevo1992 says:

Great game. Crazy strong play by the Horns against a lot of very good teams in past month. Road wins against Iowa St, WVU, Baylor. Plus the win against NC two months ago. #Believe

Fun to watch players like Lammert, Ibeh, Roach, Taylor et al play at such a high level.

• OgoUT says:

Another great basketball win for the good guys. Extremely well coached team, just a joy to watch.

Hook’em!

• Doctor_Fresh says:

BOOM SHAKA LAKA

• MarkInAustin says:

Shaka interviewing on radio now – voice GONE!

• PlayLikeaChampion says:

Is Daniels aware Texas may sign 5 or 6 DTs in his class? One thing is to be thin at the position, but possibly 6 DTs in one class is a heavy class for any prospect to deal with.

• Backtothetop-UT says:

DC-G, Elliott, Wilbon, Taylor and Daniels. We arent deep at DT from what ive heard so he can still get time. Best man plays and maybe one or two Redshirt

• Turftoe says:

Also heard southall was in. Surely they can’t all want to come. Do you think they know where they are all on Charlie’s board?

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Really? Thought i read on here that he was leaning elsewhere… oh well we’ll see but injuries happen and RS always possible

• Turftoe says:

Super K tweeted it earlier.

• Backtothetop-UT says:

Oh yea ok so OU, Miami, UT. Now i know i saw somewhere that hes still a OU lean but well see. Either way, itd be a spot wed be glad to have a few in

• Backtothetop-UT says:

I see what you saw on Super K Twitter. i dont have twitter so just read what he has on here but man im sad about what he said on Hudson

• bracketboy says:

Be happy for the kid that he has made a difficult decision no matter where he chose! We have a great class of kids coming in no one should be sad by where we sit.

• ftwspursfan says:

When TX plays 9 games straight like they do next season starting 10/1, they will need at least 6 DTs in rotation. That schedule is why I only having UT winning 8 next season plus bowl game.

2016

Oct. 29 BAYLOR TBA

Nov. 5 at Texas Tech TBA

Nov. 12 WEST VIRGINIA TBA

Nov. 19 at Kansas TBA

Nov. 24 TCU TBA

• dameon harrell says:

Losing TOP RECRUITS to the likes of Baylor is definitely not cool….. Hope Texas gets it together,,,,

• James H says:

Feel your pain, it’s a cycle every program goes through. Texas WILL be back on top very soon, I for one feel good about our direction. Hook’em.

• James H says:

• bracketboy says:

look at 247 all time top recruits for each school…how many r we really losing. Baylor will never ever be the storied powers that are Texas and OU. Baylor and TCU are simply fighting for A&Ms old spot. Complacency will reach them just as it reached Texas. You could see it in Baylor at the end of the season by the attitudes of the teams leaders like Corey Coleman. There are cracks in the foundation it is only a matter of time before they fall apart. TCU has more staying power IMO.

• Tom Selleck's Moustache says:

I’d also be willing to wager that Patterson stays at TCU longer than Briels does at Baylor

• dameon harrell says:

• Tandaman55 says:

Looks like Florida St is getting former players to tweet at Dontavious Jackson. I can understand losing an recruit to an SEC school, but not the ACC.

• DM says:

I saw that. Isn’t that a ncaa violation?

• bracketboy says:

Tim Brewster tweeteted “Best MLB lives in the H…100 100”
        and Jackson retweeted. Some people need all the flash to try to attract attention. I wouldn’t worry about it to much. There are plenty of former players who do work for us.

• DM says:

Antonio Cromartie tweeted him directly stating …

” _best ILB in country. Come on over to Seminole Country. God bless young man.”

• bracketboy says:

Like I said, I wouldn’t worry much about that. These guys don’t just get swayed by tweets…elite guys like Jackson have already met and been coached by professionals so it is not like this is the first time they are getting cred from these type of guys. Getting tweets from them I am sure is extremely gratifying and I would feel very proud retweet it even out of respect if nothing else. If they are indeed getting players to tweet for them its a tactic that reeks of desperation but at this stage in the game I don’t think that is going to sway a player.

• Tandaman55 says:

Cromartie is the first guy I’m hiring when I start my condom company.

• DM says:

I saw that. Isn’t that a ncaa violation?

• Hook'em ETex says:

24 hours and counting!
    Tick tock tick tock…

• Javed Maknojia says:

This point I am not worried about anything but B. Jones. It is still unclear on where he is going. Rest is coming along very well.

• Rdom22 says:

I really think in the end B. Jones picks Texas. I’m feeling really good about getting 9 guys for sure tomorrow.
    B. Jones
    J. McColloch
    J. Elliott
    S. Taylor
    D. Jackson
    C. Brown
    E. Fowler
    C. Daniels
    D. Christmas-Giles
    My wild cards are Southall and Hudson.

58 Trackbacks