– Brick Haley: Anwar Richardson of Orangebloods.com reported that Texas A&M has extended an offer to Texas defensive line coach, Brick Haley. Yesterday we mentioned that a source let us know Texas would do what it takes to keep Haley and according to Richardson Texas did match the offer.
– Earnest Brown: What of the hottest prospects in the state has been 2017 DE, Earnest Brown (Denton, TX). Brown picked up an Oklahoma offer on a trip to Norman over the weekend. That was followed up yesterday by offers from Ole Miss and Texas.
Brown said he plans on taking a visit to Austin next weekend with his family for jr day. Brown also has trips planned to Northwestern and Duke in March. Brown is a high academic athlete and in talking to the family I don’t see a decision coming anytime soon. They’ve told me that they would like to make sure they see as many schools as possible. – (Super K)
– Kary Vincent: 2017 CB, Kary Vincent is another in-state guy who has seen his recruitment expand recently picking up SEC offers like Ole Miss and Arkansas. Vincent is a fast, technical cornerback who, before it’s all said and done, should have his choice of schools. Both TCU and Oklahoma have been recruiting him hard for quite some time.
Vincent was invited to next week’s Texas jr day but said he won’t be able to attend due to a conflict with his own birthday. But Vincent did say that he plans on making it to the next jr day. – (Andrew & Super K)
– Matthew Huhn: 2017 offensive lineman, Matthew Huhn (San Antonio, TX) tells us that he will also be in attendance for next week’s Texas jr. day. Huhn holds an offer from Baylor and is hoping for a Texas offer on his visit.
– Player Note | Deandre McNeal: With the new offensive system about to be installed, the wide receivers are preparing themselves for an open competition. A guy I’m told is putting in lot of time to improve this off-season and it is starting to show is Sophomore WR DeAndre McNeal. I was told McNeal has slimmed down and is looking good this off-season. He obviously feels like being in this offense he will have a chance to make plays.
Also, continue to hear good things about Kai Locksley. – (Andrew)
– Random Jay Norvell Note: Anyone who watched NSD coverage on Longhorn Network saw that the team and coaches were out on the field at 5:30 that morning for team workouts. One thing that wasn’t said was that Norvell tore his achilles that morning, and that was a reason everything slowed down with his hire to Arizona State as WR coach/pass game coordinator. Norvell had surgery on Friday and I was told that he is in good spirits and is excited for his next challenge at Arizona State. – (Andrew)
– UPDATE (12:30 pm): I confirmed that Arkansas Secondary coach Clay Jennings plans to interview for the Texas DB coach position today. Orangebloods was first to report this.