– Grant Polley: Yesterday, Texas offensive line coach, Derek Warehime, offered 2017 OT and Colorado commit Grant Polley (Denton, TX).
Blessed to have received an offer from the University of Texas! pic.twitter.com/X45HRC5qDz
— Grant Polley (@gapolley44) November 29, 2016
I checked with someone close to Polley and was told that the family is very happy with his commitment to Colorado but will sit down as a family and discuss what the Texas offer means and whether a visit to Austin will take place. – (Super K)
– Jason Washington in Dallas: New Texas DB coach, Jason Washington was in Dallas yesterday. He stopped by Bishop Dunne to see 2017 CB, Chevin Calloway. While there I’m told by a Dunne coach that he offered two prospects, 2018 DT Calvin Avery and 2019 DB, Brian Williams.
Dunne coach also mentioned that he expects an offer to be coming for 2019 ATH, Marquez Beason.
In RE Calloway, I hope to get a better sense of where things stand with him and how many DBs Washington hopes to bring in later this week. – (Super K)
– Defensive Lineman: I spoke to a source yesterday who said that despite the fact that Strong brought in quite a few defensive linemen last year, the staff is looking for DTs and DEs for this 2017 class. I’m told they are looking for some taller, longer rush DEs (in the 6’4 range). Keep your eye on K’Lavon Chaisson (Houston, TX). – (Super K)
– Tyrese Robinson: Am told that OL coach, Warehime was expected to stop by and visit, 2017 OL and OU commit, Tyrese Robinson (McKinney, TX). However, we are told that Robinson is solid to the Sooners.
– Brenden Jaimes: I briefly caught up with the father of 2017 OL and Nebraska commit, Brenden Jaimes (Austin, TX) and am told that coach Warehime is expected to see Jaimes this Friday.
– Marvin Wilson: It’s no surprise that the staff is recruiting 2017 DT, Marvin Wilson. I spoke with a source close to Wilson and was told that this will be, as expected, an uphill battle for the talented lineman. The word is he was quite close to coach Strong and that Texas’ chances with Wilson significantly diminished when Strong was let go. – (Super K)
– Winter is Coming | Inside the Building: Spoke with a source about the vibe among the players and how they feel about the new staff and was told the feelings are pretty mixed. I’ve certainly heard about certain players interested in transferring. Whether that comes to pass remains to be seen. I’m sure some of it is just the natural reaction to a coaching change; especially with someone so uniquely loved as Strong was.
But one thing I was told stood out more than anything else. A source mentioned that while in the building coach Herman has been very stand-offish with the players.
In his press conference, Herman emphasized the desire to have a mentally tough team and said that love would not be doled out to to anyone just because they can fit into some pads. He said his love and respect had to be earned. I suspect that is the reason he hasn’t been all warm and fuzzy with his players. I get the sense he wants to create an initial atmosphere of tension to find out who belongs in the Tom Herman family and who is an impostor. – (Super K)
– UPDATE (10:55 AM): Coach Warehime will be at John Tyler HS to see Texas WR commit Damion Miller and Houston QB commit Bryson Smith. The staff will also see Texas commits Josh Thompson and Montrell Estell.
–UPDATE (1:25 pm): Another new offer went out from Tom Herman and Texas today. This time to an Oklahoma commit.
— Charleston Rambo 〽️ (@ballout_charlie) November 30, 2016
I absolutely love this offer. Rambo has been one of the best WR’s I’ve seen all year (will see him again on Saturday). It will be interesting to see how open he is to Texas or if he’ll take a visit. I say this because early in the process I was told he had some pro-Texas people in his corner. Now that may have changed since Charlie Strong is no longer in Austin.