– Team Note | Brandon Hodges: I’ve spoken with a couple sources who have indicated that Texas offensive lineman, Brandon Hodges appears to be on his way out.
There has be not yet been any official word from Texas but based on what I’ve been told it doesn’t look likely that Hodges will remain at Texas for much longer. I am not sure whether the door is still open for Hodges to “reconcile” (for lack of a better word).
We will update once there is either official word or additional confirmation. – (Super K)
– Damion Miller: Texas WR signee, Damion Miller (Tyler, TX) has yet to make it to campus. No word yet on when he is expected. – (Super K)
– Rondale Moore: I have yet to touch base with weekend Texas WR visitor, Rondale Moore (Louisville, KY) but in speaking to sources on the Texas side it sounds like the visit couldn’t have gone any better.
In fact one source said that Moore contemplated committing but ultimately decided to wait. Texas recently made Moore’s top six and Texas’ chance of landing this electric WR is looking much more realistically than I would’ve initially expected. Though doubting Herman’s ability to land out of state talent this early in his Texas tenure has already proven to be foolish so this shouldn’t surprise anyone. – (Super K)
– Texas Heat Wave: Tom Herman and Texas held a recruiting event this past weekend. The event was huge pool party for all of their players, recruits, and their friends and family on Saturday. It was the first time Texas has put on an event like this and the reviews from everyone we spoke with were excellent.
One question going into the event was, will there still be time for the staff to sit down with recruits and answer the hard questions and possibly push for a commit or two? The answer was yes, but after talking to some recruits and others in attendance the main goal from the Texas staff in this event was to make everyone feel more at home in Austin. It didn’t matter if you were a player or a recruit, the staff really wanted everyone to feel like a big family and that seemed to work.
And not having to focus on recruiting during the entire visit was actually refreshing for some guys. – (Andrew)
– Big Attendees/No Shows: Both Texas and TAMU held events this weekend. Both had some surprise visitors and unexpected no-shows. The first big one for Texas was Hou. Heights (TX) CB Jalen Green. I had heard from Green’s HS HC Friday evening that Green wasn’t going to be at Texas or TAMU over the weekend due to their 7v7 tournament. Something obviously changed as Green showed up at Texas on Saturday, but then wasn’t at TAMU on Sunday.
The same thing happened with Hou. Lamar (TX) CB D’Shawn Jamison and WR Al’vonte Woodard. Both were at Texas on Saturday and then were with at their 7v7 teams on Sunday. They didn’t make it to TAMU. CB Anthony Cook was with his 7v7 team both days and didn’t visit either Texas or TAMU.
Jaylen Waddle wasn’t able to make the trip to Texas on Saturday. He did make it TAMU on Sunday.
Another guy who was a maybe to visit Texas was Arl Lamar (TX) DL Bobby Brown. He decided to stick with his 7v7 team on Saturday, and visited TAMU on Sunday. – (Andrew)