– Terrace Marshall: Have been told that star 2018 WR, Terrace Marshall (Bossier City, LA) will take a official visit to Texas next month (November). The tentative date is set for the Kansas game on November 11th but we are still working to get a final confirmation on that.
Speaking to folks close to Marshall, LSU maintains a lead. But LSU has been very up and down. Texas has done a great job of impressing recruits once they got on campus. So, while Texas certainly isn’t the favorite, as long as he visits (and we’ve confirmed he will) Texas has a shot. – (Super K)
– DaShaun White: Right now Texas has two linebackers committed in Eastern Hills (TX) Byron Hobbs and IMG Academy (FL) Ayodele Adeoye. They also have Arp (TX) DeMarvion Overshown committed. At 6’4 200 pounds, he can hold a lot more weight on his long frame and most see him as a perfect 3-4 OLB in Todd Orlando’s system. So if we count him then Texas has 3 LBs committed. They’d like to add one more either way.
A main target is Richland (TX) TAMU commit DaShaun White. He’s solid to TAMU right now but knows the possibility of this being HC Kevin Sumlin’s last season in College Station. The Aggies are 5-2 and it looks like there’s a better chance Sumlin stays than most initially thought. If he is retained, White is obviously more likely to stick with his initial commitment. But there are two schools White is still taking a hard look at, those two are Texas and Oklahoma.
One thing I always say when talking about White is that Texas could’ve locked him up in August had they offered after he worked out at their big July camp. His interest in Texas is a longstanding one. Instead he committed to Texas A&M over Oklahoma shortly after. Texas finally offered just over a week ago. Right now White has one official visit planned and that is to Oklahoma on October 28th. He told me he will 100% take official visits to Texas A&M and Texas, and they will be sometime after his official to OU.
Right now it’s hard to predict what is going to happen with White. As there are some big things that could play out and change this recruitment. The big news for Texas is that White is still very interested and plans to officially visit even though they offered him about three months late. Another note is that LB commit Byron Hobbs is good friends with White as both are from the Dallas area, and he’s already been recruiting White to Texas. – (Andrew)
– Team Note | Reggie Hemphill-Mapps: Received word from a source regarding the leg injury suffered by Texas WR, Reggie Hemphill-Mapps, in yesterday’s game versus Oklahoma. I am told that Hemphill-Mapps suffered a torn meniscus.
No word yet on when he might be expected to return. But I’d imagine if there is any chance for Foreman to see the field gain, now would be the time. If he doesn’t then I surmise we won’t ever see him. – (Super K)
– Joseph Ossai: As we first reported, 2018 DE/OLB, Joseph Ossai (Conroe, TX) made his way to Austin for the second visit of this season.
I spoke with someone close to Ossai and here is what I was told.
– Texas still maintains a slight lead over TAMU. Exact words were, “UT has pulled ahead overall by just a little. I’m not sure though how he feels about those slight margins of loss.”
– Was told that overall the visit was awesome but a “heartbreaking last play by the freshman though”.
– Am told that Ossai will likely take his official visit to TAMU this weekend.
– I am also told that if Ossai does indeed take his OV to TAMU this weekend then expect a commitment announcement to come approximately one week after that. Exact words were, “he will decide one week after next week’s official visit to A&M”. Meaning, we could find out word on where Ossai is headed by early November. – (Super K)