Quick Hitters | Pre-Baylor Tom Herman Thursday Press Conference
– Shane Buechele has been named the starting QB vs Baylor.
– WR/PR Reggie Hemphill-Mapps will return for and play in the Baylor game Saturday.
– Sam Ehlinger and Zach Shackelford are still day-to-day after being in concussion protocol.
– Terrell Cuney will start at Center and Jake McMillon will start at RG
– Tom Herman says he doesn’t want Shane to scramble too much but know he will need to scramble from time to time. Believes he can do so.
– Tim Beck said he felt the offense was pressing in yesterday’s press conference. Tom Herman says that the coaches and players have been talking a lot about this, “We know our intentions are good… We just have to settle down a bit and take a deep break. I think that’s where I can help. We’ve faced adversity with not a ton of leadership… When faced with adversity the human reaction is to work harder, and that’s not always the right thing to do. It’s not try harder, it’s try smarter… We’ve addressed it. I’ve told them you have a perfect example to lean on when you look at the other side of he ball. In our first game the defense was to blame. They came out the next week and made a conscious decision to come out next week and not worry about it. Play without hesitation… if you need an example of what and how to do it, it’s in the other meeting room.”
– Tom Herman says that the relationship between the offense and defense has been “one of the highlights for me thus far this year, how together this team is.”