– Terrace Marshall Jr: One of the biggest visitors Texas hosted over the weekend was Parkway (LA) 5-star WR Terrace Marshall Jr.
— Super K (@SuperK_TFB) November 11, 2017
I texted with his father and plan on speaking to him after the visit. But a quick quote I wanted to pass along regarding how the visit has been going, “very much exceeding our expectations”.
Going into this visit I would’ve given Texas very little chance to land Marshall. However, speaking to a source it sounds like the visit is going extremely well. Part of Texas’ pitch to Marshall is how much Herman will utilize wide receivers. That sounds like a pretty general pitch but consider that Marshall’s top schools are Alabama, LSU, TAMU, FSU and Texas that becomes a pretty sound pitch.
TAMU – unstable. I’m told by a source that they are out for Marshall.
FSU – is having a horrible season.
Alabama – source tells me that Bama may not even get a official visit. I’m told the family is very concerned with how little the WRs actually get the ball.
LSU – this is considered by most to be the favorite however one source said that the Marshall family is very aware of the fact that LSU is, for a lot of wide receivers, a place where you go only to never been heard of again.
I’m told that the Marshall family seems to be really buying into Herman’s vision for the future and the class he is putting together. Am told that Jamison, Woodard and Eagles were all recruiting Marshall.
–Chasen Hines: (Marshall, TX) LSU DT/OG commit Chasen Hines made the trip to Texas this past weekend. I asked a source how real his interest in Texas is right now, “it’s very real for him. If they push for him, they’ve got a chance. He’s close to Keontay [Ingram].”
Getting him on campus has always been the biggest key here, as his mother has been very pro-LSU throughout this process.
– DaShaun White: Richland (TX) TAMU LB commit DaShaun White also officially visited Texas this weekend. He texted during the visit and said, “I’m having fun. Still, really enjoying it”. I plan to speak with him later today. I did speak with someone close to DaShaun who also said that the visit seems to be far exceeding his original expectations. Before we can say whether it’s enough to move the needle off of OU or TAMU, we’ll need to speak with him.
– Luke Ford: Carterville (IL) TE Luke Ford also officially visited Texas over the weekend.
— Super K (@SuperK_TFB) November 13, 2017
It sounds like the visit went well but it also sounds like Texas is going to have a steeper hill to climb with Ford. Georgia is the favorite to land him right now.
– Vernon Jackson: Boling (TX) Alabama ATH commit Vernon Jackson unofficially visited Texas over. He’s been committed to Alabama for awhile now but has taken trips to Texas A&M and now Texas.
He’s a guy that could play H-Back or defensive end at the next level. He’s solid to the Crimson Tide right now but getting him on campus is good news, he could be looking to play closer to home. So we’ll keep an eye on this situation.
– Nic McTear: Heritage (TX) TE Nic McTear tells me that he visited Texas this past weekend for the game. McTear does not yet hold an offer from Texas but does hold offers from schools like LSU, Oklahoma State and others. Still trying to find out how close Texas might be to offering. My guess is they want to wait and see how things play out with Ford and Wood-Anderson.
– Carl Williams: Lufkin (TX) 2019 DT Carl Williams made it to Texas this weekend for a unofficial visit. Williams already holds early offers from OU and TCU and told me that he was hopeful he’d receive one from Texas over the weekend. That has yet to materialize.