Image via hookem.com
Tom Herman spoke to the media before Texas opens Spring practice tomorrow.
– TE Cade Brewer (ACL) is out for the Spring.
– DL Chris Nelson (elbow) should be able to practice this spring.
– RB Kyle Porter is dealing with an ankle injury right now.
– Herman said they’re hopeful to get a “week or two” out of OL Patrick Hudson (knee) and RB Kirk Johnson (ankle)
– Herman said 40 players power-cleaned 300+ pounds this offseason. Four players that cleaned 350+ were Breckyn Hager, TaQuon Graham, Sam Cosmi, Marques Bimage.
– When talking about QB’s Herman said “We’ve got to get better at QB. We’ve got to see how much development we’ve had.”
– When talking about the positive offseason, Herman said “We’ve got guys that want to be here. There is a tremendous amount of positivity in that locker room right now.”
– On if LB Gary Johnson can be a star, Herman said “Yes, you’ve got to really like hitting people at linebacker and he does.”
– Herman on the Herb Hand hire, “We didn’t hire Herb Hand to get Auburn’s offense or Penn State’s offense. We hired Herb Hand to coach offense really, really well.”
Herman on the early enrollees. “Awesome. Beyond expectations to be honest with you. QB Cameron Rising power-cleaned 300 pounds, and he’s supposed to be getting ready for prom right now.”