– Texas offered 2019 Mansfield Legacy DE/DT, Taurean Carter II. The Texas offer comes on the heals of a TCU offer this past Friday…
— Taurean Carter II (@KingCvrterII) May 21, 2018
We’ll be reaching out to Carter to find out more but one would have to think Texas will be an immediate player in this one. Carter has that prototypical Todd Orlando come off the line of scrimmage with authority and flexibility to play in his ever moving front.
Bonus, Carter is teammates with 2019 Texas safety target, Jalen Catalon. Texas is recruiting Catalon extremely hard. Catalon commenting on the Carter offer… – (Super K)
— Jalen Catalon (@jcatalon27) May 21, 2018
– The Longhorns have extended an offer to Elite 2020 DB Bryson Washington out of Sanata Ana (CA) Mater Dei…
— 🥀 (@ChasingDream8) May 18, 2018
I have been in contact with Bryson for some time based on his expressed interest in OU so when I hit him up about the offer from Texas he quickly got back to me.
Washington is extremely happy about the offer as he said “It’s huge to get an offer from one of my top schools, it’s great!”
Mater Dei is producing some serious Big 12 recruiting battles, particularly between OU and UT, in specific, as they have both offered numerous players from the West Coast high school power. 19 Athlete Bru McCoy, ’20 QB Bryce Young, ’20 DB Darian Green-Warren, ’20 DB Elias Ricks, and now ’20 DB Washington each have serious connections to either UT or OU, and in some cases like McCoy and Young and now Washington, both OU and UT are in their top group of schools.
I asked Washington if he was planning on making a visit to Austin this summer and he said “Yes sir, I plan on visiting both Texas and OU at some point this summer.”
In the past, it has been very difficult for teams not named USC, Oregon and to some extent UCLA to pull kids out of Mater Dei. However, with Texas making a concerted effort to establish a more prominent foothold in California, and OU already having quite an extensive history of recruiting the state, the perceived struggles of the PAC 12 in terms of national recognition could play right into the hands of the Big 12 heavyweights ,and I would not be surprised to see three or four of the kids mentioned above end up in the conference. – (Charlie)
– Players report back to school on May 29th to begin “optional” workouts. They will be welcoming in the rest of the 2018 class as well as Tre Watson and Calvin Anderson. The staff is understandably very excited about Calvin Anderson.
– I didn’t really want to post this since we reported it awhile ago, but I was asked about it again. There are no more transfer rumors floating around about any player on the football team. If you’ve been following us through the Spring you’d know that Devin Duvernay and Chris Nelson are both staying at Texas. This includes Shane Buechele. – (Will)
– Top JUCO Inside Linebacker Lakia Henry committed to Tennessee over the weekend. Texas is supposed to receive an OV in August. Texas will not let this one die. I’m going to be talking with Lakia to hopefully get some more information on his plans.
– No worries though, as another top JUCO DE/OLB Jermaine Johnson is scheduled to visit in June.
— There is a Linebacker I mentioned earlier this year, Zach Zimos who is starting to pick up some steam on the recruiting trail. He committed to Cal earlier, but just backed out it. Texas has been to see him a number of times, but will probably wait to see what happens with a few other targets before shooting him an offer. If they do, they’ll shoot to the top of the list.
– Texas has made the cut for Elite Defensive Tackle Faatui Tuitele out of Honolulu (HI)
TOP 5 IS HERE.. Please respect my decision. No interviews at this time. To God Be the Glory. pic.twitter.com/ZptMOwnAvH
— FAATUI TUITELE (@tuitele87) May 21, 2018
Tuitele and his family visited Austin back in March, and while it is no surprise to us that Texas made his top five list, it is a very big surprise that USC, who was the perceived leader by many, did not make the list. The Longhorns face some stiff competition for the elite lineman, however, they are squarely in the mix for his services. We will be in touch with Faatui and have an update for you in the near future. – (Will)
– TFB has been able to confirm reports that Texas has scheduled a summer satellite camp partnering with SMU on their campus in Dallas come early June.
Furthermore, The Longhorns will be partnering with FAU for another satellite camp on June 2 in Boca Raton, FL.
Add this to in-state camps in Houston, San Marcos, Commerce, and Marshall, two on-campus camps, and out-of-state satellite camps in St. Louis (woo!) and Los Angeles.
There will probably be more to come. – (Will)
– The most recent commit (which was the latest shh) is a 2020 player. However, he may not be all the big news this week. There is a possibility Texas could be in store for more good news this week and if things go according to plan it’ll go public this week, as well.
– I meant to post this yesterday but 2020 electric WR, Mookie Cooper out of St. Louis (Trinity Catholic) tells us that he will visit Texas on June 15th and 16th for an unofficial visit. Cooper has his tickets booked. This one is confirmed.
– His teammate, 2019 WR Marcus Washington may be taking an official visit to Texas around the same time. Still awaiting final confirmation on that.
– Also a visitor who snuck in for a visit this past weekend was 2020 defensive end, Princely Umanmielen (Manor). We’ll have more up on him, shortly. – (Super K)